1st Trimester

feels like indigestion

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and don't have any nausea but I feel a knot high in my stomach. Feels like really bad indigestion. It's hard to eat and I have very little appetite. I've actually lost a few lbs, Which in any other situation I'd be happy about. I force myself to eat cause I know I need to and have been taking my prenatal vitamins. Just wondering if this was normal and if anyone else was experiencing it too.

Re: feels like indigestion

• It is one of my first signs of being pregnant each time. It's awful. I find that I am able to eat more for lunch/afternoon than dinner.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • I've been having it since about 5 weeks and am 13 weeks now. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I didn't have it with my first two and I have to say I was lucky those times. It's no fun. Doctor said it's normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have any suggestions to relieve the symptoms? I've been taking tums like they are candy but drinking ginger ale just makes me feel more full.
  • A friend of mine said her OB suggested Zantac, she said it's a godsend.
  • I had this for a couple weeks. Tums and ginger ale were my go-tos.
  • I have GERD and when I have a bad flare-up, these all help me.
    -Zantac twice a day and a probiotic once a day  
    -Sleeping with your torso elevated - do NOT lay down flat at all
    -Avoid trigger foods like onions, garlic, tomatoes, mint, and chocolate and anything else that might set it off (for some people it can also be dairy, spicy foods, bananas, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"