July 2013 Moms

New Year's Eve plans :)

How will you be ringing in the New Year?

Re: New Year's Eve plans :)

• Loading the player...
  • casey78 said:

@arlingirl‌, @chiboo9: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/baked-goat-cheese-dip.html

Costco has best deal on goat cheese. 2 big logs for $6.99 -- grocery store prices usually about $10 for one. They also have great party apps and dips if you are trying to keep things simple.

Sweet, thanks for the tip! Looks like a Costco trip is on tomorrow's agenda.
  • @casey78‌ Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm going to hangout at a friend's as long as the roads aren't icy.
  • The IL have to come get BIL's car. So our NYE plans are fucked. :-w

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• No idea. Probably stay in and take it easy.
  • Probably nothing. Just relaxing with Zoe and DH.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • DH and I haven't been together at midnight for new years in 6 years. He's always been at work. We'll also be in bed snoozing by 10 if not earlier.

• I have to work during the day and as long as I can leave by 2-3, we are going to a friend's house. They have 2 kids our kids ages. We will get dinner and leave by 6-7, come home to put the kids in bed by 8, and then I am watching scandal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2014
    @biggunsbo - I love your optimism. It's cute. :) . My parents got Keenan a Mariota jersey that's like a 4T for Christmas. It's adorably huge on him. He's totally wearing it Thursday :)

I'm actually really looking forward to the draft. DH is a Tennessee fan, so he's actually hoping Winston goes first and the Titans take Mariota. Wish we didn't have to wait until April to see that!
    imageView Full Size Image

• @amparo1981 - Aw.  This makes me wish we were going so we could do a g.t.g.
  • @amparo1981 - Aw.  This makes me wish we were going so we could do a g.t.g.
    It's not too laaaaate.....
    ;;)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Staying in. Catching up on our shows and our wine drinking ;)

Bonus: 

• Hosting DH's family and a few of our neighbors. There will probably be around 20 people or so. I have an amazing recipe for bourbon glaze for the ham that I can't wait to use again. And I just poured a large amount of peach vodka into a container of gummy bears. We are ready. <:-P
  • rondokye said:

Hosting DH's family and a few of our neighbors. There will probably be around 20 people or so. I have an amazing recipe for bourbon glaze for the ham that I can't wait to use again. And I just poured a large amount of peach vodka into a container of gummy bears. We are ready. <:-P </p>

I like this idea. How many gummy bears and how much vodka? How long does it need to mingle together?
  • @haddocky‌ when I made them I was told a few days to get them to expand. They were pretty strong too.
  • @haddocky The gummy bears about filled a 2 cup container and I poured enough vodka in it to reach about 1/2 way. I would shake/stir the container every once in a while. I would say that within a couple of hours, the vodka was mostly absorbed. I then added a little peach schnapps because the vodka tasted pretty strong. I may have eaten an undisclosed amount. Hopefully I won't have to make another bunch tomorrow. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"