2nd Trimester
Options

maternity 21 gender results

Hi. I just got my results. Everything looks good and the gender shows female. They say it is 99% accurate. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the test results being inconsistent with the anatomy scan. I am only 14 weeks and am really hoping it is correct.

Re: maternity 21 gender results

• Options
    taahirataahira member
    edited December 2014
    Mine was correct, my verfi tests said healthy boy, and my ultrasound said healthy boy. It's sex not gender, it might be a few years before you find out the gender of your baby. Congrats on your baby girl.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    taahira said:
    Mine was correct, my verfi tests said healthy boy, and my ultrasound said healthy boy. It's sex not gender, it might be a few years before you find out the gender of your baby. Congrats on your baby girl.
    Thank you! What a beautifully educated and informed answer! *Respect*
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Options

Lau112384 said:
    Hi. I just got my results. Everything looks good and the gender shows female. They say it is 99% accurate. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the test results being inconsistent with the anatomy scan. I am only 14 weeks and am really hoping it is correct.
    Instead of being concerned about the sex of the baby being wrong I would be be worried about the health of my baby.  Why is everyone so concerned about the sex of their babies?  Start caring about their heath and well being more!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    schnitz9 said:

Lau112384 said:
    Instead of being concerned about the sex of the baby being wrong I would be be worried about the health of my baby.  Why is everyone so concerned about the sex of their babies?  Start caring about their heath and well being more!

TSK, First thing first. The MOST important thing is how baby pees! DUH!

That was total sarcasm, FTR.

• Options
    I will never understand the emphasis put on sex relating to genetic testing. You know that the purpose of this test is to screen for serious and potentially fatal conditions right? Personally I'd be a lot more concerned about the 1% chance that my trisomy disorder results were wrong than the 1% chance that the sex screen was wrong.

Settle down OP. You'll have an anatomy scan soon and the tech should be able to show you the sex. Patience is a virtue...and one that you should work on cultivating before you become a parent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"