TTC after 35
Options

DD

vh2014vh2014 member
edited January 2015 in TTC after 35
DD
me:41   dh:43 
Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart

Re: DD

• Options
    @vh2014 yay!  Tell me about this Vitex - I've heard it will help to lengthen your LP and basically moderate all things TTC/early pregnancy related. It seems my LP has decided to be 10 days or less right now and I'm up for trying anything before I get in to see my doctor!
  • Options
    WOOHOO!!!  I hope this is  kick start to your body regulating itself!!!  Dumb OB/GYN.  Glad you are running!!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WinoGrrl  Everything I read says it works on the pituitary gland, but after reading lots of articles it looks like it balances your hormones.  Which is why it also says on several sites that once you are seeing an RE you should STOP taking it unless they say otherwise.  It can counterbalance the hormones they are giving you.  I figured until I see them I am a mess anyway so why not try it.  I take 2 500 mg (? I think mg) pills each morning on an empty stomach a half hour before breakfast.  I also found several sites that recommended it after coming off of BC.  I looked for peer reviewed studies and found a few and some reputable sites.  I also added CoQ10 to my evening vitamins because I was told before that was fine.  The sites I found said it took about 10 days to makes a difference and 3 months to be really in your system.  I'm only going to be on it for a month once I see the RE and then I'll let him tell me where to go from there. I just couldn't "do nothing" for a month. So far, I'm happy with my decision... 

Here's a link from the National Institute of Health for a double blind study about the LP

Here's a link at the University of Michigan:
    I searched for Vitex fertility research 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    thanks! 
  • Options
    Woo hoo! Hope everything settles down nicely for you. 
    Me: 37
    DH: 35
    Married: 9/26/2011
    Hormones: All normal except AMH: Sept 2014 .022, Jan 2015 .05

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • Options
    @winogrrl you're welcome.  I'm a research nut right now and becoming adament about "reputable" and "peer reviewed". 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    This sounds great! I shall happy dance with you :)
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Yay for negative opk's.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Wow @vh2014‌ love the research! You sound like me. I sometimes get the look from my husband because I'm reading "too much" which can make me crazy... Can't wait to check out your links you posted. And yay for your negative OPKs too! I totally get what it feels like for things to work as they should, even when that means you get a negative OPK. That was my feeling after going from those CRAP digital OPKS to the simple wondfo. I went from11+ days of positive smileys with no peak, to 1.5 days of a positive OPK using wondfo. :)

Married April 13, 2013

TTC #1
    38 years old
    1st BFP 11/11/14 (EDD 7/24/14)
    1st loss 12/22/14
    Off Loestrin FE 24 since 6/9/14
    Irregular, short LP, low progesterone
    Diagnosed with PCOS Feb 2015
    Started IVF April 2014
    1st retrieval May 2015 - 30 retrieved, 29 fertilized, 1 normal
    2nd retrieval June 2015 - 27 retrieved, 22 fertiziled, 1 normal
    Implantation date August 12, 2015
    BFP 8/24/2015

ALL WELCOME

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I've just read the Vitex link... It says to discontinue once pregnant, which I had also read before,and when I did become pregnant (lost at 9 weeks) I stopped taking it. After the loss, I read a bunch about hormone issues that lead to losses and saw somewhere To continue Vitex Into 1st trimester. Im going to see if I can find that again. I'm wondering if that's really accurate.

Married April 13, 2013

TTC #1
    38 years old
    1st BFP 11/11/14 (EDD 7/24/14)
    1st loss 12/22/14
    Off Loestrin FE 24 since 6/9/14
    Irregular, short LP, low progesterone
    Diagnosed with PCOS Feb 2015
    Started IVF April 2014
    1st retrieval May 2015 - 30 retrieved, 29 fertilized, 1 normal
    2nd retrieval June 2015 - 27 retrieved, 22 fertiziled, 1 normal
    Implantation date August 12, 2015
    BFP 8/24/2015

ALL WELCOME

• Options
    Thanks everyone. @mcodea88‌ yes on the research part... the key is to know your sources and look for who sponsored the research if you can find it.

I did read the part about discontinuing if pregnant. I am anticipating being with an RE by that point on his meds and having already discontinued, but if not I figure I'll ask him. Since it mentions helping out with the LP in a NIH study, it makes sense to me that it would help maintain a pregnancy if progesterone were the problem, but in that case they could give you progesterone anyway. I will be looking for an OB/GYN that is willing to discuss all options and studies. ..my endocrinologist is like that and I love him. He doesn't just tell me what to do, he tells me why. He also tells me what he's read recently and if I've read something we discuss it, where it could be true, or why he thinks the logic might be flawed. I need an OB/GYN like that.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    woooohoooo! I"m glad to hear that your body seems to be figuring itself out!
  • Options
    @vh2014 wow - i wish i could find doctors like that too! 
  • Options
    All right!  Sounds like things are getting on track!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Yay!
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"