February 2015 Moms

Car seat

I finally put my car seat base in my suv however I was thinking do u put it behind the passenger seat or the middle in the second roll?

Re: Car seat

• Check your car's manual for what they recommend.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have short arm so behind the passenger would be good... And with the passenger in the front would have space ..
  • Loading the player...
  • When we had our car seat installed at a safety check place when I was a nanny they installed it in the middle. Check your manual and try to get an appointment at a safety check place if you can - they have so much info and tips and can double check installation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The middle is supposedly the safest... Since I will have three in car seats when this baby comes, which one should I put in that spot?

The most important thing is to install it correctly, following the manual and using all of the recommended belts and Latch points.
  • Check your car's manual.  Period.  There is a specified place in each vehicle. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks ladies
  • SaraL1175 said:

The middle is supposedly the safest... Since I will have three in car seats when this baby comes, which one should I put in that spot?

The most important thing is to install it correctly, following the manual and using all of the recommended belts and Latch points.

This.

We usually put the baby on the passenger side, though (all three seats in the back have latch hooks and tethers). Just because when you're wrestling with trying to get everything in, it's safer to be out of traffic. I'm not sure what we will do now that we have three.

I may put the eldest in the middle just because she can do up her own seat belts without us having to do much aside from safety adjustments.

Not looking forward to the extra 45 minutes it'll take to get everyone into the car. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'd say middle.

We have three now so it's going on the drivers side. The other two can buckle themselves and then I only have to go to one side of the car and they all pile in the back and I get in my door. I like it for when it's raining, cold or snowing out. (Which feels like all the time in Canada sometimes). Then I don't have to do laps around the car.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We put our infant seat in the middle with DD. Just know that in many vehicles, you cannot use LATCH in the center position, you have to use the seat belt unless you car manufacturer AND car seat manufacturer both say you can install in a middle location with LATCH.  

This is the best site I have found for car seat information. 
  • As a rule of thumb, the middle is considered to be the safest. We wanted to use the LATCH, though, which isn't available in the middle, so we put ours behind the passenger seat. (It's easier to get the proper install with LATCH, and a properly installed seat behind the passenger side is better than an improperly installed seat in the middle.) 

Check your carseat manual and car manual to see what they say, too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"