Pumping Question — The Bump
August 2014 Moms

Pumping Question

Now that I have cut back on pumping, my right breast is so slow. I EP and went down to twice a day, I have a huge stock and want to slowly quit pumping. In 2 sessions, I can get what she needs for an entire day. However, the left will be done in 20 minutes, but the right needs another 10. I can tell it is not empty. If I stop at the 20 minute mark, I am so engorged on that side by my evening pump. Any suggestions to speed things up? In the past, both sides would be done at the same time, I don't know what is going on?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pumping Question

• Wow, I can't imagine it taking that long to pump. I take maybe 5 minutes total, but then again I don't pump enough in 2 sessions for the entire day.

Do you try warm compresses or massaging the breast before starting pumping? 

jlynn62511
  • I have tried a shower and massaging while pumping. I will try massaging before, I never thought of that! Thanks!!

Pregnancy Ticker
    kareik01
  • Loading the player...
  • I do and it helps but still it doesn't make much of a difference. I just don't know what happened to make it empty so much slower than when I pumped 3 times a day. This is the same breast I had mastitis in so I don't know if that did something?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Try to replace the membranes. Those little white things can make a huge difference!

jlynn62511dogperson11mikrinikki
  • Mine have different flow too. My left is slower flow than right. Pumping or nursing.

jlynn62511
  • Just changed my white membranes and it made a huge difference!!
    dogperson11jlynn62511