April 2014 Moms

Vacationing in the Caribbean... question on naps

We are headed to Punta Cana soon and I am thinking of nap times. Is there something light and easy I can bring so that DD can take naps by the pool or beach instead of taking her back to the room & having to stay in there in the middle of the day? I have a pack n play but it's so heavy. Anything else more portable??

Any other tips for traveling to a resort out of the country for a week? We've done tons of trips within the US so I have the plane ride down pat.

Thanks!!
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: Vacationing in the Caribbean... question on naps

• They make a travel pack n play that is smaller and lighter, that might work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you haven't tried one yet, get a carrier. LO will sleep anywhere on me in a carrier. I've never been to Punta Cana but here in St Thomas there isn't many places to take a stroller. I have a ring sling I love and doesn't take up much space so I take it in the car or diaper bag everywhere. I also have an ergo performance for the heat and it's good for longer walks/shopping but it's bigger. There are also travel ergos I hear good things about. And Tula. Oh how I'd love a wrap conversion Tula. But also bigger. -- Also, hotel usually have pnps to borrow. But personally I think it would have soooo many germs. I'd bleach the heck out of it and bleach soak (10%) the mattress for sure. Have fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just went to Orlando and baby carrying wasn't an option... To damn hot, I think pack and play on the beach or pool is to much, LO DIDNT WANT TO TAKE a nap outside because there was a lot of stuff going so that might be a problem

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks all.... I will bringing my umbrella stroller which reclines, but she only will nap for a few minutes in it. I have my bigger stroller which she will nap better in but it's pretty big and thought it would be easier having the smaller/lighter stroller to travel with.

I do have an ergo- but, thinking like above said- it may be pretty hot. My parents live in FL so we have come here quite often since she's been born and she would love to nap in her rock n play by the pool, but think we've hit the weight limit! I like that pop up thing dani+california, was thinking something like that... will look into it, thanks!
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• I wear my LO all the time and I live in FL. Maybe we are just used to the heat? However make sure whatever they sleep in LO is covered from the sun. It's brutal! LO got a little pink nose even with having sunscreen on, a hat, and sleeping under an umbrella with SPF protection. Ray's bounce off the water and the umbrella doesn't always protect everything. :-(
  • The pop up thing is a great idea. A stroller will work too if you are by the pool but pushing a stroller through the sand can be a royal PITA so a carrier or pop up thing is better on the actual beach, IMO. They make little sun shelters for babies too that may be a good place for your LO to nap on the beach. Similar to what dani posted but with shade.

• Leeroy80  Grandparents are coming with us! As well as Uncle & Aunt....so LOTS of extra helping hands   :)
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Can you call the resort to see if they offer cribs to rent? We just got back from Mexico (without baby) but saw a lot of people baby wearing and the babies were fast asleep. Didnt see many strollers.. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"