March 2015 Moms

If my baby shower is to late

Im having my baby shower on February 7th, and am having trouble with pre-term labor. So in order for all to come we had to push the shower closer to my due date. Now my thing is should we do an interduction party if the baby comes earlier then expected and is out of the hospital? Who would do this and who wouldn't? Also how do you tell the guests females only when it comes to the invites just write it on there? Please any advice would help.

Re: If my baby shower is to late

• I can't get past the first sentence: having issues with PTL so pushed shower date BACK? Is anyone else hearing twilight zone music? That doesn't even make sense.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never had a baby shower for any kids and this is my husbands first kid and his mothers first grandson. Ive always paid for my own children. If you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. Im not throwing or doing the invites, my sister and mother in law are so i told them this community is so helpful i would ask them but damn some people have no class and no filters. Thanks to BitsyBelle84 for the advice. And yes i keep going into pre term labor and taking medications to hold baxk the labor. I dont know whats twiight zone about that but...ok. just hoping he stays in for the baby shower and until the due date.
  • Rude rude rude, So because i don't come all day everyday I'm predictable ok. And for your info i do respond often to other people's post so... come on thanks for showing why people come in and vanish because people like you who are rude and criticize instead of support. Thats fine i got what i needed from this post from the ones who understand how to treat others with respect and dignity.
  • I don't know why I never watched parks and rec before now, but DH and I have been binging on it over the holidays.

• Im having my baby shower on February 7th, and am having trouble with pre-term labor. So in order for all to come we had to push the shower closer to my due date. Now my thing is should we do an interduction party if the baby comes earlier then expected and is out of the hospital? Who would do this and who wouldn't? Also how do you tell the guests females only when it comes to the invites just write it on there? Please any advice would help.

I just keep reading this as induction party. Bring the chips and dip, I'll be the one with the IV drip! Whoooooo!

Oh! IntROduction. I literally could not figure out what that meant.
  • I just came to pass out love tits and leave this

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you are concerned about preterm labor you should see if your host of the shower can move it sooner by a week or so. Some people may not be able to come but if you and the host explain that it's due to preterm labor complications surely they would understand, even if they can't make it. And no. If I give birth to a premature baby I WILL NOT be having a meet the baby party. due to issues with premature babies' lungs and immune system this would be a "Share all your germs with my baby" party instead. But I'm just a control freak like that. Fortunately I am a pediatrician so my family and friends wouldn't have any grounds to argue with me on the issue and I would stand my ground rather than inviting everyone over to pass the baby around.
  • etoille said:

All the rest of her BS posting was covered, except her weird as hell "no penises!" stipulation. Like, is this a clothes-optional baby shower? Or is OP concerned that men are base uncontrolled animals that will fart on the cupcakes and pee in her potted plants? I guess a few do hump legs... I dunno, that's a weird thing to obsess about.

You'd think since it's her husband's first kid that guys being allowed would actually, you know, be internally consistent with the one semi decent (though still incorrect) argument she would have to this whole thing not being a tackfest.

Yeah, I don't get worrying about how to tell men to fuck off on the invites politely. It's not something they usually care to go to in the first place. And at the end of the day, so what if a dude comes? For real, what would he be 'ruining'? Not to mention how offensive it is to have someone tell you that you are being excluded because of your genitals. If it was switched around to an invite saying "No vaginas", that would be offensive as hell.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I said once baby is fine and out of the hospital.
    The host choose females only (though i put my foot down for the men who wanted to come
    Sorry that i work and am not on all day searching who swoops in and out every once in a while because i have a life.
    And I've wasted to much of it on these negative replys.
    High school bitches never change even after pretending to grow up and have kids.
    Thanks for showing what your kids probably go through on a daily basis. Sitting on the bump forums all day house a mess kids dirty and hungry because you have one more dig to give to one more mom asking for simple advice. Who spelled one word wrong. (Grammar Nazi's) lol.
  • Whitfry said:
    I don't know why I never watched parks and rec before now, but DH and I have been binging on it over the holidays.
    It's the best. Enjoy
    Love. My DS renames food and refuses to eat it unless we call it what he thinks it should be. He is a future Tom Haverford.
  • So... This whole having a job thing... am I not supposed to have one since I am on TB? I mean, I can quit and all, since TB is obvs more important. I just feel like I missed a 'sit in your house all day' memo.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you're already having issues with preterm labor, maybe you shouldn't be having a baby shower and should go on bed rest? Also, I seriously think an "introduction party" is a bad idea. If baby comes early, they tell you NOT to have visitors and to limit baby to being home (till they get the 'ok' by their pediatrician). My daughter came 2 months early and didn't even meet her bedridden grandfather till she was a few months old!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"