August 2015 Moms
Options

Gender Intuition

Anyone have any strong gender intuitions?  My intuition was right on with our first two and never really wavered, but since we wanted one of both I was hesitant to get my hopes up one way or the other.  This time, since we have one of both I don't have that hesitancy, and I am already feeling boy pretty strongly.

Re: Gender Intuition

• Options
    I'm always wrong when I guess the sex of other people's babies, so I'm sure my intuition would be wrong with my own too. I have zero feeling either way, though.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I flip flop all the time, but I've been pretty good at guessing other peoples babies.  Of course, its a 50/50 chance so its not all that unlikely I'll be wrong...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a feeling it's a girl. Could be wrong but that is at least how it feels now. I'm excited to be right or wrong :x

Me: 28 
    DH: 34

IUD out 8/29/13 and TTC since then.
    BFP 12/29/13
    Bleeding 1/17/14 with LO showing 10 days smaller.
    NMC 1/26/14

Continued trying every month. Began seeing RE 7/2014.

12/2/14 got first Rx for Clomid for following cycle.
    12/3/14 BFP!!!
    No heartbeat at 8w4d. D&C scheduled for Jan 7, 14 

• Options
    Two of the silly old wives tales say boy, but I'm as sick as I was with my daughter so I'm thinking girl. But will be thrilled either way to have a healthy baby!
  • Options
    Last time i totally thought boy and it was a girl lol. Im not good. A girl would be so much easier for us right now so itll probably be a boy lol
  • Options
    I'd be 100% happy either way. But I thought "boy" with DS and I'm feeling the same way with this one. May just be my preference as a boy mom though.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    laxdixdarlaxdixdar member
    edited December 2014
    I was so very sure with my son. Honestly you couldn't tell me i wasnt having a boy.

With this one I have no clue. No feelings either way yet.

Eta: words
    Married the love of my life: 11/12/2009
    1st BFP ever : 11/19/2014
    1/9/2015 our miracle baby was welcomed in heaven.
    BFP #2 : 4/21/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am pretty sure this is a girl. My cravings are similar to the ones I had with DD.

@cowboys2009‌ I was sick as a dog with both my girl and my boy so it could still be a boy.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I really want a girl, but my body is saying boy. -.- let's hope I'm wrong. Because if that is the case, then I won't ever have a girl, given my DHs genes.
  • Options
    Mine was exactly wrong both times.
    ~ K.

PCOS, EDS III, low progesterone. Six early losses (5-8 weeks,) 1 twin loss. Surprise natural BFP 2014-12-17
    Ectopic dx and MTX 2015-01-02.
  • Options
    With DS I just knew he was a boy. I was calling him by his name before we even had the A/S... This time I have no idea. My husband is convinced it is a boy again. I guess we will just have to wait and see ;) Right now I am just hoping it is one baby! lol
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm feeling boy and DH is feeling girl but we're just so excited that it doesn't matter either way :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
  • Options
    I'm pretty good at guessing the sex of my friends' unborn babies. So I was surprised that I had such a hard time guessing the sex of my own.

Last time I was sure i was having a boy early on. As my pregnancy progressed I had more dreams about a baby girl and my intuition started to tell me girl. But I was stubborn and didn't want to waffle so I didn't change my mind about my boy guess. I was also worried about second guessing just because I do that to myself all the time. I had a girl!

So this time I am not guessing at all until I start to have dreams and it's closer to my due date since my guess was more accurate later on last time.
  • Options
    I was wrong with both my previous babies. I'm feeling girl so it's probably a boy this time. Lol
  • Options
    With my daughter, both DH and I were convinced we were having a boy.  This time, I am thinking girl, but I wonder if it is because I keep thinking about girl names since we still love our boy name.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    No intuition on this end..my mom says she thinks it's a boy. I have been a lot more sick than with DD but I know that varies pregnancy to pregnancy not so much by the sex. I am hoping to stay team green so This will be interesting.

• Options
    I feel like it's a girl, but DH and I were talking today and I said "he" instead of "it." Have not referred to specific pronouns yet, so that is the first verbal statement of boy/girl. Will also be interesting because my family only has girls and DHs only has boys.
  • Options
    I've had gender dreams with my last two and was right both times. I guess I'll see what I dream about this time around.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I just really want a girl!
  • Options
    I feel silly saying this, but both DH and I think this baby is a Girl.

TTC since Sept. 2013
    09/14: New anterior 3cm Fibroid on U/S, no change in size 11/14
    10/14: SA normal
    12/14: next RE appointment - cancelled due to BFP
    BFP on 11/21/14, EDD 08/03/15

• Options
    No clue. I have 2 boys so I'm telling myself boy but I would love a girl. This is our last so I hope I get my daughter!!!
    <a href=
  • Options
    My husband and I both want a boy. So we think it's a girl. Super optimistic, I know...
  • Options
    My intuition says girl, but we won't know until the day he or she is born. We're happy either way.
  • Options
    mrslampertmrslampert member
    edited December 2014
    Husband is WAY out numbered by the girls in our house. Me, the dog and the cat are all girls. He says he's already made the decision and its a boy (since swimmers decide the sex). But I'm feeling girl. I have nothing to go on since this is our first. I don't want to find out the sex, so it will be a long time before husband finds out if the teams even out a little.

Edit: thoughts are hard to think of

• Options
    No real guesses this early on, but this pregnancy feels different than my last one so based on that I would have to say boy. I don't think I will have any real guesses until I see the heartbeat. I told my Dh that he can decide if we find out the gender or let it be a surprise again.
    _____August BMB January Siggy Challenge___
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#1 09/2011 * BFP 12/1/13* DD born 08/02/13 // TTC#2 10/2013 * BFP 12/22/14 * EDD 08/30/15

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm starting to feel girl. With my son I always get he was a boy, I never had any sickness. This time I'm feeling sick all the time. I know it doesn't mean anything, it's just my Gut feeling. Also, heartbeat was 179bpm, which I think according to the old wives tails, points to a girl. Either way, we will be very happy! I'd love two boys or a boy and a girl!
  • Options
    I am not normally one to believe in spirits or ghosts but a few day before my BFP I felt my aunt near me and my son. she passed away 2 years ago. She stayed most of the day and when Hubby got home I felt her leave. So I think this baby is a girl. I was right with the prediction of DS. Even called him Jr from 6 weeks along on. But really I would be happy with a girl or a boy.
  • Options
    Based on Shettles method, I was convinced DS was a girl because of the timing our ovulation.

This time, I'm almost sure it's a boy based on my intuition. (Similar pregnancy as last so far)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    My intuition usually sucks.  Both the Chinese prediction chart and the Mayan prediction method say boy. My gut says boy but I'm a FTM with no previous pregnancy to base this on. I'm definitely excited to try the old wives tales before the A/S. First things first - just want to see/hear the heartbeat at my first u/s
  • Options
    LawnDog1216LawnDog1216 member
    edited December 2014
    None. I had none last time, either. We assumed boy because we couldn't agree on a boy name, but we had two girl names at the ready. Team Green, girl. Don't know if we'll find out this time or not and still no intuition.

ETA: words for sense
  • Options
    No feelings either way yet. With DD I felt like she was a girl and really wanted a girl but was trying not to get my hopes up. 

This time we are going to find out so I am going to try to not 'want' either one. We'll see how that works.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    I feel like this one is a girl. I was right with both my boys. However, there is always a 50% chance I am wrong.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    I have one of each, and I was correct in my guess both times! This time I'm feeling that its a boy!
  • Options
    I had a dream it was a girl, so I keep thinking it's a girl. I feel silly saying that though, becAuse I know my feelings don't meant anything either way. :)
  • Options
    With DD we had her name picked out and had a hard time agreeing on boys names. Also i had dreams about her and had a good feeling it was a girl. With this baby we have our boys name already but can't agree on a girls. Maybe names are the deciding factor for us.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Last time I really wanted a girl, and you know how that goes- we had a boy. This time I would love either since I love having a boy. I'm thinking it's probably another boy. Everyone we have told said they think it's a girl.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pretty sure it's gonna be a boy. I realized I was referring to it as a him in my mind, and I haven't doubted it since.
    Hellcat
  • Options
    Before I found out I was pregnant with my DD, I had a dream I was given a baby girl and just felt it was a girl.
    Before we found oyt rhis time, my DD kept telling her Daddy and I that her baby sister is my tummy. She told us, "I had a dream. He told me Mommy has my baby sister in her tummy."
  • Options
    I'm feeling boy. I don't care either way I just want a healthy baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"