Infertility

intro!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this group and will be starting my injections hopefully this coming week. Very, very nervous doesn't even begin to say how my husband and I feel!

We have been together for just over 4 years and got married this past April, newlyweds!

I was previously married and had no luck getting pregnant, so when my new husband and I got married this year, we knew we needed to see a doctor soon. 4 months after the wedding we had our first appt with the fertility doc. After a few tests it was very clear what huge problem we had. As a 26yo woman my AMH level should be above 3, but I'm at 1.2. So since I'm producing less than half the eggs I should be, we started talking IVF, freezing of the embryos and all that other fun stuff.

I'm currently on my last day of birth control, so once I start my period this week then its time for the first ultrasound and then injections.

I'm curious about the meds, we received our shipment from the pharmacy. Many, many vials and large needles. I was under the impression that it would be prefilled pens, sort of like diabetes meds. Also, I haven't heard much about the side affects, should I be worried?

Thanks so much for your time!

****Siggy Warning*****

Our Story

Me: 26 DH: 33

Married April 2014, TTC since May 2014 (but unprotected for over 4 years prior)

First RE visit Aug 2014

Me: low AMH (1.2) DH: SA was great!

IVF#1 with ICSI and FET: ended BCP 12/28. Started stimming 1/4. 225mg Bravelle+150mg Menopur+100mgClomid

ER 1/17: 10R/ 8M/ 8F. PGD test showed 7 normal.

ET: 2/17, Transferred 2 day 5 blasts

BFP 2/24!

Re: intro!

• Hi Brooke,

Welcome! And yes, that first med package can be scary. Some meds come in pre-filled cartridges that you put into pens, depends on what your RE ordered. Once you get going. It will be a piece of cake.

There are excellent med tutorial videos online, if your office does not offer in person teaching. Side effects vary from person to person. For me, the main side effect while stimming was bloating from large, swollen ovaries.

Good luck and hopefully you will be moving on from here shortly!
  • Welcome! The meds can be intimidating at first but you will figure it out quick. We watched the online tutorials if we were unsure. My biggest fear was the side effects from the meds, but I experienced none....other than ovary tenderness. I actually felt pretty good. You will do great and it will go by quick! Good luck!
    Me:30 DH:30 
    TTC since January 2013 
    Him: Excellent SA
    Me: 2 clear HSG's, perfect 28 day cycle with ovulation, all testing/blood work good
    1/23/14- **Surgery**
    Diagnosis: severe pelvic adhesions from stage 3/4 endo and old ruptured appendix
    RE Recommends IVF due to likely tubal damage
    IVF #1- November 2014 
                     Started stims 11/7. Antagonist Protocol
                     Trigger 11/17, HCG/Lupron
                     ER 11/19   27R/24m/14F
                     ET 11/24   1 little embie 
                     5 frosties!!! 
                     First ever BFP-  12/4 Beta #1: 35  12/8 Beta #2: 9  CP 

FET #1- February 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you all! It never even dawned on me to check out videos! Great idea! The nurses will show us on Thursday, but I'm impatient and like to know as much as I can ahead if time :)

****Siggy Warning*****

Our Story

Me: 26 DH: 33

Married April 2014, TTC since May 2014 (but unprotected for over 4 years prior)

First RE visit Aug 2014

Me: low AMH (1.2) DH: SA was great!

IVF#1 with ICSI and FET: ended BCP 12/28. Started stimming 1/4. 225mg Bravelle+150mg Menopur+100mgClomid

ER 1/17: 10R/ 8M/ 8F. PGD test showed 7 normal.

ET: 2/17, Transferred 2 day 5 blasts

BFP 2/24!

• I really liked the videos from Freedom Fertility as well, and this one from Sher Institute about where to administer PIO shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-EY_4P67Hs

(Is it just me or does it look like she's demonstrating on a man from the back?)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our story:
    TTC since 4/13
    Me: 35
    Husband: 45 
    Issues: Moderate MFI, tubal factor, fertilization problems
    10/13 - we find out my husband has MFI, which has since been addressed and mostly remedied. Hate our RE. 
    12/13 - finally find an RE we love.
    1/14-5/14 - using Letrizole
    6/14 - 1st IUI with Clomid, BFN
    7/14 - 2nd IUI with Clomid,  BFN
    7/14 - Insurance reverses decision and agrees to cover HSG, we learn I have tubal factor
    11/14 - IVF #1 = BFN
    1/15/15 - FET with our one frozen embryo scheduled.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"