April 2014 Moms

Friday daily chatter

well I'm hung over and DH Is on duty for the next 24 hours, pass the aspirin please

Re: Friday daily chatter

• My DH's lack of common sense pisses me off sometimes. Gets annoyed with the cat for puking on the carpet in the middle of the night, but doesn't bother to get up and clean it at all (he was sleeping on the couch since LO took over his spot last night, lol). Then he has the nerve to bitch about it getting crusted into the carpet. Well, maybe if you would frickin' clean it up when it's fresh instead of waiting for me to do it several hours later, it wouldn't be! Rawr!

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • When, oh when, will this boy learn to nap in his bed and not in someone's arms. I gots shit to do!
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope everyone has had a lovely holiday!  And thanks so much to everyone for the Tuesday hugs.  It was a dark day at the house of smush, but things are much better now.

Other sister (not the torrential bitch) hosted a lovely Christmas dinner last night for loads of people.  My inlaws gave LO some interesting toys yesterday.  And LO had decided to stay up all night on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Claus :)

Now to return the hats that are sadly too small for LO and the insane number of light up sound making toys (where's the imagination?).  

Oh, and if you have a bunch of returns to make, pool them and get your LO a B. Parum Pum Pum Drum Set!  We got one for J for Christmas, and danged if it's not his absolute favorite!  Even better than the Zany Zoo!

• The kids got sooo much stuff for Christmas and out of all of it DS took a liking to DD's barbie doll and had been packing it around beating off the table and the couch. My dad asked about how the kids liked everything and I told him just for the simple laugh because he seems to think DS is going to grow a vag playing with girl toys.
  • smushi said:

@deidremaria Sometimes I can't help myself.  I feel like springs1 whenever I put ranch on my spaghetti or mashed potatoes.

There might be something wrong with me.
    I like ranch on my Spanish rice
  • I hope everyone has had a lovely holiday!  And thanks so much to everyone for the Tuesday hugs.  It was a dark day at the house of smush, but things are much better now.

Other sister (not the torrential bitch) hosted a lovely Christmas dinner last night for loads of people.  My inlaws gave LO some interesting toys yesterday.  And LO had decided to stay up all night on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Claus :)

Now to return the hats that are sadly too small for LO and the insane number of light up sound making toys (where's the imagination?).  

Oh, and if you have a bunch of returns to make, pool them and get your LO a B. Parum Pum Pum Drum Set!  We got one for J for Christmas, and danged if it's not his absolute favorite!  Even better than the Zany Zoo!

How are you returning the toys? Did they give you a gift receipt or do you know where they were purchased? DS got alot of 3+ and fisher price loud not very educational toys.
    I know Walmart will take back anything they stock (they just repackage/stock it).  So I got two of the same from Amazon (with the efficiency packaging).  I'll just take them both back there, along with Fischer Price stuff I know came from Babies R Us.  I assume Target is probably the same with returns.
  • We wanted to go to AL for Christmas to see DH family but he couldn't get any time off. The Army has a rule that you can only travel 250 miles away from home without putting in for pass or leave. My family is 240 miles away. DH had a long weekend so we came here to celebrate because they are close enough. DH posted a pic with my 16 year old sis and his sister (she's 35...she should be an adult) wrote something g to the effect that she sees that we can make time to see my family but we can't go and see them in AL? They are the boys family too and it's not fair.
    It's 500 miles to his family! We can't travel there without permission. Not to mention, she has never once attempted to visit us, we always have to go visit her. I'm tired of it. I feel bad, but maybe she should attempt to travel to us!
  • Yup she does, I told them when we told them we couldn't come for christmas.
  • I've figured out my plans for the evening: I'm going to get a cheeseball and some trash mags and veg in my jammies by the Christmas tree. With wine.
  • So ended up in the ER again early this morning. I got a stomach bug and threw up every 15 min all night long and got extremely dehydrated and I couldn't keep any over the counter meds down. Eventually I started hyperventilating because I was freaking out so much and my body locked up. I had no idea that was hyperventilation until I got to the er and the nurse told me. Anyway two IV bags of fluid and lots of zofran later I am home.

How long will I need to avoid LO after I'm feeling better? Anyone know how long you're contagious for? I know he is already exposed and I am praying am praying that he doesn't get this bug.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• @hordol I can't answer your questions but I am so sorry you are sick, it sounds awful! I hope you feel better fast.
  • Oh @hardol that's terrible. I don't know the answer either but I hope you find it. I also hope you get better soon
  • JWest07 said:

When, oh when, will this boy learn to nap in his bed and not in someone's arms. I gots shit to do!

Love it for solidarity. It's the same around here.
  • Goodness! That sounds terrible @hordol‌. I hope you feel better soon!

I'm joining the sick husband club. It sucks that we should have this time off to have fun together but he's in bed and I'm on baby duty alone. Wah.
  • Oh I have a good one for tonight. DH has decided I should take a job with a friend of a friend of his in northern quebec doing health and safety nursing at a mine. 3 weeks on 3 weeks off. He cannot see how this is not a fabulous idea for a nursing mom with 2 small kids who does all the house work and child care. This place would fall apart if I were gone for 3 weeks.
  • hlm184 said:

Okay so, I mentioned the twerking thing earlier?  I tried to get a video of it.  This is what happened:  https://youtu.be/MolfZrBvZbs

Poor baby!!! Did he freak out?
  • So I just put lo down for the SECOND time, got myself some munchies, got into bed and said to my partner "tag your it" and that's me done for the night :P
  • Aw poor kid. Lo pulls his zany zoo down on himself all.the.time, trying to pull up on it.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Poor baby!!! Did he freak out?
    Nah, he rolled over and motored on to the next toy!
  • hlm184 said:

hlm184 said:

Poor baby!!! Did he freak out?

Nah, he rolled over and motored on to the next toy!

Love it!!!
  • deidremariadeidremaria member
    edited December 2014
    This kid is driving me nuts! I need him to go to sleep. I need some fucking breathing space. He's fighting sleep so hard and it's not like I can just hand him to his dad because he'll have a meltdown and that'll just drive me even more crazy. Fuck you sleep association. Fuck you
  • So a girlfriend of mine has a daughter who is either one or two. She was engaged to the father when she got pregnant. They eventually broke up and no one really knew why. They'd been broken up for a while now. He just changed his relationship status on Facebook to in a relationship. The person he's "in a relationship with" is another guy. I have nothing against homosexuality but what I do have a problem with is when gays aren't true to themselves and use straight people as beards. She was really in love with him when they were together
  • I can't put down the raspberry and chocolate Milano cookies!!!
  • mamrotu73 said:
    @celticlullaby‌ You will be relieved that Into The Woods was fantastic, IMO. As good as the play? Not quite. There are a few things changed and some left out so it could fit in 2 hours (only one song from the princes, for example). But overall, as a lover of the original play, I also loved this adaptation. Johnny Depp was the worst and wasn't horrible. Very similar to how he played Sweeny which isn't how I see the wolf. The baker and his wife were wonderful. Red and Jack did great. I'm sure it helped that Sondheim was overseeing the whole thing. Decidedly better than the screen version of Les Mis. Bonus: I put A down for a nap, left right after, and he didn't wake up until after I got home! No crying hungry baby for DH, so he is more likely to be on board with future movie plans.
    Oh thank goodness!

Though this does still leave me of the conundrum of what to see on our date night in January.  Into the Woods or Hobbit???
  • Oooo good to hear, @mamrotu73‌!

@deidremaria‌ - Maybe he was still figuring things out. Most of my lgbt friends dated or had relationships, sometimes marriages, before they really figured things out. The marriage didn't even turn out that badly - he's now married to a man and she's married to a woman, and they're all friends. I'm sorry for your friend because that has to be a mindfuck, but I hope it wasn't anything intentional on his part. And, hey, at least she KNOWS she wasn't the reason they split up?

You're right. It's very complicated. Hopefully it ended well for them
  • Tonight I am super sick of my job and contemplating quitting. If I could go back to working in my old daycare I would get free daycare and be closer to E. Weekends and holidays off too!! My pay would be cut in half but the free day care would help even it back up....

Soooo why are you not on the phone with your old boss? (Obviously because they're probably closed :P ) seriously though. Jump on it. Try to get that job back
  • How the fuck do I not own an instyler?!?!!! I borrowed my niece's on Christmas Eve because my hair was a hot ass mess and I swear I that thing is perfection.
  • @hordol that sounds awful. I would have needed serious sedatives to recover mentally from an experience like that. Feel better soon.
  • Thanks everyone. Doing much better this evening but still exhausted. I'm so, so, SOOO paranoid about DH and DS staying healthy. Hopefully they will be ok. I caught it from my sister's family I'm sure and it's going around pretty bad in their town. They bombed the school with disinfectant and can't have any people in it for four days or so.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• @hordol‌ I'm so sorry you're feeling lousy . Hopefully you'll feel like your old self again soon!

@Jessimax‌ & @celticlullaby‌ your H's are being ridiculous and you deserve better from them. I hope that they get some much needed wake up calls soon. Hugs ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"