Parenting

New Years Eve plans

What is everyone doing?

We both work so we will probably stay in. We got a steakhouse gift card but if we use it will do takeout. I feel like we are getting boring.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New Years Eve plans

• Glad it's not just us then!

• No plans as of yet. The conference center in town is doing a big kid's party from 6-10, with a big balloon drop at 10. We'll see
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • DH works NYE and NYD. We won't do much of anything. MIL has decided NYD we are having the IL'S side of the family Christmas party. Ugh.

Sorry for that. Usually we have the Inlaws here on the first, but I'm hoping not this year since I work the next day.

• We were going to see if mil could keep LO overnight so we could go out with some of DH's coworkers. But I heard my SIL talking about letting my nephew have some of his football team over at mil's house for a small party. Doubt she wants 6 14 year old boys and a 1 year old. So now I'm not sure what we'll do. If we stay in I'll make a bunch of appetizers and we'll eat and drink after LO goes to bed. We don't have cable so I don't even know how we will watch the ball drop at home. NYE has never been a big deal to us though so I'm not too worried about going out or staying in.
  • We did get games for Christmas so maybe we will invite some friends over and have a game night. That way we are home, but with friends

• Hubby is working a double :( from 6am - 10pm. Hopefully he will get home around 1130 and I am going to try to stay awake but I don't know if I'll be able to lol. I haven't for the last few years since we don't typically do anything lol.
  • There's a place having dinner for two for $35. Appetizer, two entrees and dessert. DH has always talked about going to the place when he was younger. I've never been. If he's up to it then we will do that. Oh and them he has to go to work.

• We did get games for Christmas so maybe we will invite some friends over and have a game night. That way we are home, but with friends

This might be our plan B
  • No plans here. No sitter planned for the kiddo and I'm huge and pregnant. The only outing we'd be getting would be to the hospital to birth this baby. If he so chooses to arrive at that time!
  • I don't know but it'd be kind of cool to have a baby.

Lol...right? My first DS was almost a new years baby (January 2nd). Maybe this one will choose to be?
  • I want to start a tradition of New Years at 9 parties. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll shoot for 10. But I it'll just be me and hubby, since all of our friends have traveled.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• A party that will include a horse's head,
    Or at least they have promised one

• I just got a party invite. I may swing by after DH goes to work.

• GotGingy said:

We were informed last night that the cousins cancelled their party. Shit. Now what?

My house!!

Why did they cancel? Could you host?

• We are going to bed at a reasonable hour. Have to be at the airport at 830 on the first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"