April 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options

My fitness pal is shaking its head at me for the last three days. Suck it, MFP, shrimp and grits had to be made and eaten. Bacon and cream cheese grits. Merry Christmas to my spare tire!

Oh god. Mfp would eat that meal
  • Options
    I don't know how to put my baby in the crib without waking him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    elyse4281 said:

Ugh I know what you mean! I am 5'0 even and can barely reach the mattress. I know they're dangerous and all but I miss drop side cribs!
  • Options
    juniper75 said:

elyse4281 said:

Ugh I know what you mean! I am 5'0 even and can barely reach the mattress. I know they're dangerous and all but I miss drop side cribs!
    I don't even try. That's the best thing that sleep training ever did for me. LO goes in awake and that took the dread out of bedtime and middle of the night feeds for me.
    What method did you use? We honestly just started trying to transition to the crib from the RNP and I still rock him to sleep.
  • Options
    We did CIO. We were at a point where I was spending most of the night holding and rocking her and something had to change. We didn't night wean at all, just worked on the put down drowsy but awake approach. I still nurse before bed but don't let her fall asleep on the boob. I pick her up after, rock her for about a minute while I talk to her and wish her goodnight etc..then into the crib she goes.
  • Options
    Sorry to hijack the thread but how did it go? Did she adjust fairly quickly?
  • Options
    Honestly yes - it changed things for us in just a few nights. But I think she was ready because the worst it ever got was 15-20 min of crying/fussing the first night. She often fusses a bit when I first put her down for the night but its over by the time I even get to the monitor and turn it on. She hardly ever makes a peep when I put her back down after middle of the night feeds. Teething and illness sometimes increases our number of wakeups but I am still able to put her back down without being asleep.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the info! We miss sleep so much at this point, I think we're ready to CIO also!
  • Options

I'm watching Aladdin. Because it was one of my presents. Because I asked for it. Because it's one of my favorite Disney movies.

@edoliesmom One of my personal selfish favorite aspects of having a toddler is the fact that my mom and MIL are always buying her Disney and other cartoon movies. SCORE! PS. Aladdin is one of my favorites as well.

Ooo.. I can't wait til Edolie is older, and when MIL asks what she wants I can tell her about the latest animated movie she'd like. :D
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I'm watching Aladdin. Because it was one of my presents. Because I asked for it. Because it's one of my favorite Disney movies.
    @edoliesmom One of my personal selfish favorite aspects of having a toddler is the fact that my mom and MIL are always buying her Disney and other cartoon movies. SCORE! PS. Aladdin is one of my favorites as well.
    Ooo.. I can't wait til Edolie is older, and when MIL asks what she wants I can tell her about the latest animated movie she'd like. :D
    I totally do something like that whenever I go to the store. "Oh, I bet Skye would like to see [insert animated movie that I'm interested in]!"  X_X
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love Aladdin! No shame in watching animated movies! DH and my first date since baby was born was to see Big Hero 6

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited December 2014
    @mamrotu73‌ At first I thought you were going to tell us that you knew Steve from Full House! (The guy that voiced Aladdin. Something Wagner?) But that's still pretty cool. :smiley:

@michaelad3‌ I didn't even know that was a Disney movie until I was taking a Disney trivia quiz online a couple weeks ago. X_X I still don't even know what it's about!

@celticlullaby I'll be so sad if Edolie doesn't inherit my love of Classic Disney movies!
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    @MaiTaiBeth‌ I am definitely feeling your pain on the no sleep thing. We actually had Chase in his crib sleeping then he woke up coughing. He coughed ALL night, then he needed his pacifier to fall back asleep...it was a total shit night.
    Let's cross our fingers tonight goes better for both of us!
  • Options
    allyandmike24allyandmike24 member
    edited December 2014
    meetmow said:
    We moved into our house on the 20th. SIL insisted that we host Christmas tomorrow so she can see our house. She said it didn't need to be fancy and it's not a big deal. Bitch, this is our third move in a year, I have boxes stacked to my garage ceiling and I've had two non-unpacking days due to Christmas. Sure, I'd love to host Christmas. I guess my confession is in obviously pissed about and DH thinks I'm being stupid. Whatever, this is not cool. Also, her DD is a year older than my DD and she kind of makes me insane due to shrill screams, not eating anything, not sharing any toys, and just overall manipulative behavior that I don't put up with but SIL does. And then my DD has her bad habits for a couple of days after each visit. I'm hoping to have a little buzz for most of tomorrow...
    Uhm....the words you're looking for are "no, thank you".  Hosting Christmas is stressful even without all of the other stuff. Why would you agree to that?! There's no reason your SIL has to see your house ON Christmas...I'd be telling her to fuck off and host it herself. 

ETA: congrats on the new house/you and DH are due for a come to Jesus talk if he thinks that you're being ridiculous for not wanting to have a massive Christmas party a week after moving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"