September 2014 Moms
Options

Too much tv for my toddler :(

Any tips for keeping my 2 year old occupied while I'm putting LO down for naps?? Baby only takes 45 minute naps so he takes a LOT of them. It takes me 10-45 minutes to put him down and I've been sticking my toddler in front of the TV at this time because I know he'll stay safe and occupied. I feel guilty that he's watching so much, especially since we've been getting outside less due to the weather.
Any tips or tricks??

Re: Too much tv for my toddler :(

• Options
    I like the idea of offsetting the tv time with other activities. Thanks!

• Options
    Check out toddler busy bags on Pinterest. I found a lot of activities for my 3yo that way and I just leave a basket of things like foam beads and pipe cleaners, Pom poms, clothes pins, crayons and paper (if you're super trusting), colored feathers and egg cartons I painted to color sort the pompoms into.

It's so nice that she can just help herself to whatever she feels like doing. Dh was working the other night and the babe was cranky and when I went to see what dd was doing, she had her beads and pipe cleaners out and was going to town! I usually have to help clean them up because they are scattered all over but she was teaching herself some good skills so oh well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm not sure he can occupy himself with that kind of activity for as long as it takes me to put LO down on a bad day but it is definitely worth a shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"