Infertility

Intro(loss mentioned)

kristi&pkristi&p member
edited December 2014 in Infertility
Hello All!!

It was suggested to me to check out this board so I can absorb a lot of information about IVF. 

Our story... I am in a same sex relation ship we have been married for 4.5 years. I am 25 years old and had our first RE consult 11/2012. Starting in 2013 I stated IUIs with a donor. I went througha  total of 7 IUI cycles 6 medicated one natural. After second CP I went for RPL testing and I was told that I had a balanced translocation and best odds for me to get pregnant was IVF with PGD. I did not want to do PGD I didnt want to go through it all and possibly left with nothing in the end. My SO started to prepare for IUI prior to first IUI we learned that she had PCOS. After four medicated cycles all BFN RE recommended that she try IVF after her HSG came back clear. At this point we stopped with IUI and decided that we would do partner IVF, so I will carry and it will be her eggs.

After our long dispute with the insurance company telling me that it wasnt medically necessary for me to do IVF we finally got partial coverage. Everything on my SO end will be OOP, and then I will get partial coverage on my end. Still it is going to be costly but even with insurance the cost of getting a donor and doing a total of 11 IUI between the both of us we were just going for it.

We met w/ the RE and he gave us a quick idea he will sync our cycles up. SO will have a Lupron trigger instead of HSG to avoid OHSS. Our RE office just relocated so they are not starting IVF cycles until March April now but that does give us time to get the rest of the funds together that will be needed. I look forward to sharing stories and experiences as well as learning from everyone here!

Also any experiences with a Lupron Trigger that you can share? I havent found a whole ton of info about it but I do trust our RE. :)

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

Re: Intro(loss mentioned)

• Hello there and welcome!! Ohss is nothing to mess with so hopefully the lupron trigger helps keep it in check. A high protein diet and drinking liquids with electrolights are supposed to help. I had a high egg retrieval (28) on my ivf #4 and had only mild ohss. Once you get closer to er and et you might want to join one of the monthly groups.

Hope your stay is short!
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"