June 2015 Moms

Fre wines?

Have any of you guys asked your doctors about the Fre Wines? It says alcohol removed, but there is still a little alcohol in it.
This is what their website says, "Although we remove most of the alcohol during our spinning cone process, a small fraction of a percentage of alcohol remains—less than one half of one percent (<0.5 %). That’s roughly equivalent to the alcohol content of orange juice left on the counter overnight! If you have any health concerns regarding alcohol intake, we recommend you consult your physician before consuming Fre."

I am sure it's fine to drink while pregnant, but I just want a doctor to tell me so too! I will see my doctor tomorrow but I'm going to a party tonight and want to bring it. Has anyone had a chance to ask their doc about this yet?

Re: Fre wines?

• Its totally fine to drink that stuff, but I've heard it doesn't taste very good.   I'd rather stick with small quantities of the real stuff every so often now that I'm out of first tri.   I haven't yet, but looking forward to enjoying a little on NYE!

image  image
  • I'm in my 2nd tri. I've had the fre moscatoand that doesn't taste bad. I got the Fre Brut, and I want to mix it w cranberry juice at a party tonight. Since it is such a small amount of alcohol, I feel comfortable drinking it... But I would feel more comfortable if someone has asked their doc and gotten permission. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I just had a miscarriage this past summer, so I wouldn't say I worry about every little thing, Emily, but I certainly am more conscious about not doing anything to harm this child! After my miscarriage, it really made me realize how precious and fragile life is! Even though I'm already at 16 weeks, I still don't want to do anything that would potentially hurt this child. Not that a glass of wine here or there will hurt the baby, but hopefully you can now understand why I'm more worried about it.
  • If you're THAT concerned about it, why would you take a bunch of strangers' word for it anyway?  Call your doctor, but keep in mind, they need to be VERY careful about their wording, and will probably stay away from telling you with 100% certainty that its fine, and it sounds like that's what you need to hear, so you may be unsatisfied.

image  image
  • Thanks, Emily. I understand that it won't harm the baby, but just wanted to explain why I am a little paranoid about this. My doc appointment is tomorrow and I will definitely ask then, but I have a party tonight and want to try the Fre Brut with cranberry Juice. If you remember, my original question was if anyone had talked to their doc about this... I wa kind of trying to get an "ok" from a doctor tonight before my party. Someone from The Facebook group talked with their doc about it and got an ok, so I will feel comfortable drinking it tonight and double checking tomorrow with my doctor.
  • Thanks for all of your help, ladies! I appreciate what you all have to say. Trampslikeus, I was seeing if anyone had spoken with their doctor about this already. ;) Happy holidays everyone!
  • Thank you!! I will enjoy! Yes, all of us with healthy, growing babies are SO incredibly blessed!
  • My midwife knows I drink Kombucha and that has about the same amount in it. It has the benefit of probiotics though too
  • edited December 2014
    Most non-alcoholic beers and wine do have trace amounts, just FYI! Fre should be fine. I tried the Moscato and something else last pregnancy. I think the sweeter the better cause the dry one was gross.

ETA: clarity
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"