September 2014 Moms

Vulli Sophie giraffe question

Does anyone else have a Sophie the giraffe tether/toy? I've seen a million kids with them and was excited to receive one as a gift but had no idea they squeak. Our lab is liable to bite LO trying to get at the squeaker. I'm wondering if they all squeak and I never noticed or there are variations because I thought they were just a rubbery toy/teether.
Lilypie - (JLjB)

Re: Vulli Sophie giraffe question

• When my older one was a baby, my husband put Sophie in the dishwasher and she lost her squeak :smile:
  • You can simply wash her and she'll most likely lose her squeak. Ours rarely squeaked because we always had to wash it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ya'll off to wash soph:)
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Maybe you could poke a little hole in it and then the air will have more than one way in and out?
  • I gotta ask:

I read rave reviews all over the Internet about sophie. & I really consider buying it. but it kills me to see the price tag! $25 for a teether, really?!

is it REALLY worth it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He likes it but it was a gift so admittedly I hesitated about the expense. If it got lost though I'd buy another.... Probably
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• She likes nomming on sophies head but doesn't hold her in place to do it for long so we took out the elephant instead. Now she's able to go to town on the ears for longer.

• We have this!  I read the reviews and they were fabulous, so I bought it.  We've pulled it out a couple of times, but LO doesn't seem interested in it yet.  He's not quite 4 months and has only been showing an interest in toys (other than foot rattles) for about 2 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• I was so excited when I got my LO this teether. However, I don't know why but something told me to read the reviews even after I had bought it. It has a lot of good reviews but the bad ones were from moms whose kids choked on parts of the teether that broke off (mainly the leg) and it lodged in their kids throat, one kid turned blue. It wasn't just one post either. I read several bad reviews related to choking and I'm sad to say I'm returning mine
    Mommy to Arielle Jade, 9/2/2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was so excited when I got my LO this teether. However, I don't know why but something told me to read the reviews even after I had bought it. It has a lot of good reviews but the bad ones were from moms whose kids choked on parts of the teether that broke off (mainly the leg) and it lodged in their kids throat, one kid turned blue. It wasn't just one post either. I read several bad reviews related to choking and I'm sad to say I'm returning mine

While good to know I won't return. I pick that thing up at least 3 times in 20 min I'll watch for wear and use common sense.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"