Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Bye Bye Me Time! Rant!!

So Saturday mornings are grocery/mommy time. (I start at 5am so as not to disturb DH schedule) Tomorrow we were supposed to pick up a bday present for my oldest who turns 15 on Dec 28. She was supposed to stay the night with a friend tonight. She is going thru a break up and had a bad day at school so she decided to come home. I thought that nixed the shopping plans and meant I would go shopping sans little ones(11mo and 3yr) for groceries. DH calls and said that he and BIL decided we would still go shopping at the mall with ALL the kids. Nothing about taking 3 kids to the mall just to browse around sounds enticing to me. So that means I get to stay home with the little ones while DH, BIL, and oldest DD go to the mall! OY!! And I was excited about grocery shopping alone. Now I am taking the little ones grocery shopping I guess. Buttheads!! End Rant

Re: Bye Bye Me Time! Rant!!

• Options
    Mom problems. 

8-|
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am right there with you...I am truly grieving that my me time is gone forever!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I peed alone today. I call that a win.

• Options
    shaunessashaunessa member
    edited December 2014
    I guess i'm doing it wrong too, because the other day getting "me" time was doing the dishes, putting away laundry and scrubbing the tub with no interruptions!  And guess what....I loved every minute of it!  
  • Options
    shaunessashaunessa member
    edited January 2015
    shaunessa said:
    I guess i'm doing it wrong too, because the other day getting "me" time was doing the dishes, putting away laundry and scrubbing the tub with no interruptions!  And guess what....I loved every minute of it!  
    Seriously - you guys need hobbies or other interests. Doing dishes "alone" is not "me" time. It's doing fucking chores.
    Whoa! Easy girl!  I have plenty of hobbies, but I also like getting stuff done without any interruptions.  I don't think there's any "right or wrong" way of doing what makes you feel good and accomplished.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"