2nd Trimester
Options

23w4d and baby isn't kicking as often?

I'm 23w4d and my baby hasn't been kicking. She didn't kick for 8 hours straight yesterday and when she finally did it was only about 3 times... I'm nervous

Re: 23w4d and baby isn't kicking as often?

• Options
    LadymouseLadymouse member
    edited December 2014
    It might help ease your mind to call your nurse line.  Your OB/midwife might want to see you, or they might say it's normal enough to not worry.  

ETA: Ignore me.  The others have better advice.  :)
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Options
    I'm 23w4d and my baby hasn't been kicking. She didn't kick for 8 hours straight yesterday and when she finally did it was only about 3 times... I'm nervous
    Drink some orange juice and lay on your side, see if she starts kicking. FWIW, my OB said it's still too early at 23w to monitor movement. She didn't have me start until 28w.
    I have to agree with this.  My little guy would have days where he was lazy.  Doc didn't have me start monitoring movement until 28 weeks.  She's still got a lot of room in there to move around which is why you won't feel her as much.  Luckily like you said after a few hours you did feel her so you know she is moving around in there just not as much.  If you are that worried a call to the nurses line couldn't hurt.  They get calls like this all the time and wouldn't mind answering the questions.  My nurses line told me no question is too stupid to ask and they would never laugh at me.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board