I had my 'I see the heart!' u/s today, so I'm feeling pretty good right now. That said, I was feeling increasingly paranoid from the time I received my positive until seeing the flicker. In light of someone's request for some funnies, and some recent threads that I've seen these past few days, I thought it was time for this thread. Feel free to use this place to post your pregnancy paranoia. Not so much a paranoia rant place, more a "Can you believe I [fill in blank; ie believed my SO's dream could have direct impact on my unborn child]. Ideally, you can look back at it later (or sooner) and laugh!
Here are some from this and previous pregnancies:
- I've known a couple weeks I was pregnant. My period isn't here and my symptoms are kicking in full swing, yet I had to do everything imaginable this morning to keep myself from peeing on a stick! Some part of me wanted to confirm before I showed up to my u/s appt, even though I know that worse case scenario, I'd still have hormones in me, so it would have been pointless. Had it not been for running out of time this morning, I think I would have caved.
- I think my husband somehow finds it a bad omen to throw away the positive pee sticks. I think this bc he told me he still has the ones from kid1 and kid2, plus ...
- When we were pregnant with our first, I looked out the window and noticed some gnarly giant weeds and even saplings growing where they shouldn't be, despite our grass getting cut frequently (DS was born in the summer). When I questioned my husband, he said he was afraid/concerned it'd be bad for our little bean to cut out these 'baby' trees/flowers. I agreed! Yes, they came down soon after DS's birth!
- I'm constantly peeing. As you are probably well aware, this is a pregnancy symptom. It helps confirm my pregnancy. And yet, I can't help wiping multiple times to confirm there's no blood. FTR: I bled through my first two trimesters with DD, but still, I drive myself nuts with this.
- I can't keep from looking in the mirror and trying to convince myself that the bloat/fat I've gained from the MASSIVE amounts of food I've been consuming lately is an expanded ute and that I'm showing early. I'm almost, but not even 6 wks yet, people. We both know the truth. :-P
- I don't like anything touching my stomach for some paranoid fear that it could crush my growing child. Umm Earth to me, please come in lol
- I realize that the skin products I use are probably fine, but I'm building myself up to go buy baby shampoo and body wash to use it on myself. Really? Yes *sigh* really.
I could go on, but I'd rather read some of yours. ;-)