December 2014 Moms

itchy mucus plug

This might be tmi for some people but I really had to ask this question. I am 40 weeks 6 days pregnant. I started loosing my mucus plug at 40 weeks 2 and finished passing it the next day. As soon as it started to pass I got very itchy down there. It got to the point I would get itchy and I knew it was because I was passing my mucus plug so I would go to the bathroom to wipe & yep, that's what it was. I asked my doctor about it and he said it was normal. All test for yeast infections and group b came back negative. The itching has stopped a little since I'm done passing my plug but it's still there a little. Did anyone else's mucus plug affect them this way? And if so, what did you do to help the itching? I didn't loose my plug until labor with my last pregnancy so I don't have anything to compare this to. Hopefully someone here can help.

Re: itchy mucus plug

• Nope. No itching.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • When I first started loosing mine it started off as just irritation and then turned into itching. So maybe you are loosing yours too. I shower and bathe every night to stay clean. I think oatmeal baths are help more than the showers. I'll just keep doing that I guess. I'm glad my doc says its normal & there's nothing wrong with me. But I just wanted advice on what else I could do because the itching gets pretty annoying lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • @misskilljoy‌, I was scared to open it too! Lol
    DH and I: Married 6/9/2017
    DS: birthday 12/17/14

• I still have "9" days left in my pregnancy, so I'm still waiting to lose mine. But I was lucky with my first pregnancy that mine came out in one motion. But I'm now glad to know that maybe this time around it could take a day or two and can be itchy. Thank you.
  • @misskilljoy @kirstey728‌ yup me too. Wasn't sure how this was going to go....
  • I'm suddenly really glad I never really lost mine in a noticeable way. Also, I was kinda terrified to open this thread, gotta admit.

Lol sorry for the tmi title.
  • I still have "9" days left in my pregnancy, so I'm still waiting to lose mine. But I was lucky with my first pregnancy that mine came out in one motion. But I'm now glad to know that maybe this time around it could take a day or two and can be itchy. Thank you.

Hopefully your experience isn't like mine this time around. A lot of people have different experiences with losing it. I never saw any blood or "bloody show" in mine so I wasn't sure what it was at first. Just itching. I got one of the unlucky symptoms this time.
  • I have only lost part of mine and no itching down there. My belly itches a ton though!
  • I have only lost part of mine and no itching down there. My belly itches a ton though!

I never had belly itching this time thankfully. But I had it super bad with my first pregnancy after trying palmers cocoa butter stretch mark lotion! It even ended up breaking me out all over my body.
  • Probably the worst possible thread title, lol. Or a great metal band name.
    *********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Probably the worst possible thread title, lol. Or a great metal band name.

My thought exactly
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"