October 2013 Moms

Daycare lunch ideas!

I'm struggling to figure out some different things to send A to daycare for lunch. What do you send?
Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Daycare lunch ideas!

• The solids from stews and soups, hummus and crackers, sliced cherry tomatoes with basil, grilled cheese and spinach sandwiches, clementine sections, berries, and definitely leftovers!
  • We do lots of omelets. She loves eggs
  • Loading the player...

• ElleStaxx said:
    Meal plan at school is healthy, inexpensive and so easy. I never have to pack anything.
    The only meal they don't provide is lunch. The do breakfast and snack and also provide the milk for the day. I do send leftovers sometimes, but we also try to eat a meal over 2 days so I try not to make her eat the same thing 3 times in a row. Hummas and crackers is a good idea - would that be the whole meal + maybe a fruit to go with it?
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I think pasta mixed with butter and Parmesan is easy to make and send to school. We have a meal plan also, but I used to send lunch before we moved to this DC.

Btw I'm not trying to be bitchy, but we have def discussed this topic before a couple of times. If you search for the thread there are prob even more ideas. I'm mobile otherwise I would link it for you!
  • Daycares don't provide lunches?? When DD was in daycare, lunch was provided. I know things change but this is crazy to me.

Mine doesn't provide anything :(
  • I am so thankful that our DC provides all meals! My parents watch DS once a week and coming up with one lunch a week is enough for me. Tortellini or pancakes are favorites here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thankfully our daycare provides breakfast, lunch and snack, plus milk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• carawasa said:
    Daycares don't provide lunches?? When DD was in daycare, lunch was provided. I know things change but this is crazy to me.
    Mine doesn't provide anything :(
    This. It would be soooo nice not to have to meal plan. We provide milk and water sippys daily too.

I do a lot of stuff that was mentioned above, grilled ham and cheese with veggie/fruit; pasta with butter, parm and veggies; nitrate/preservative free turkey dog and cheese squares, and leftovers. I made a large crockpot full of chicken and dumplings yesterday, so he'll have that for a couple of days.
  • spaghetti squash can be made in a variety of ways. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"