Multiples

did you find out the sex at anatomy scan?

I'm currently 17+ weeks with di/di twins. We found out at a regular appointment that twin B is a boy. Twin A had cord between legs and they couldn't tell us anything. We are having our anatomy scan on the 26th. My question is, will they be able to tell us the sex of baby A? Have any mamas still not known after anatomy scan? Thank you ladies in advance for the input.

Re: did you find out the sex at anatomy scan?

• I found out at 13 weeks for both and have had it confirmed many times including at my anatomy scan.
  • Tech's first guess was at 15w - verified correct at every scan afterward, correct on delivery. If shy baby is in a better position this time, shouldn't be a problem. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Yes we found out both were girls at the 20 week anatomy scan. The tech couldn't tell at 12 weeks
  • Yes, we found out then. Didn't bother asking before that. It was obvious and they weren't shy.

It all depends on position. I've known people to not know after the a/s, but you'll likely have more u/s down the road so even if they can't tell, you'll have more opportunities later.

• We were told 2 girls at genetic testing since they didn't detect the Y chromosome at 13 weeks AND confirmed 2 girls at anatomy scan at 20 weeks
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Yes, we found out then. Didn't bother asking before that. It was obvious and they weren't shy.

It all depends on position. I've known people to not know after the a/s, but you'll likely have more u/s down the road so even if they can't tell, you'll have more opportunities later.

This! I found out one twin at 16w & confirmed the other at 20w. Having twins you'll have an u/s every 4wks do there are plenty of chances.

****siggy warning****

Me 29/ DH 28
    DH- MFI (low count, 2-3% morph)

IUI #1 January - Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 February - Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP 1st beta-25, 2nd beta-56, 3rd beta-45, miscarriage
    IUI #3 April - CD3 U/S 4-10. Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel CD11 - Cancelled.. TI w/5 follicles-BFN
    IUI #3.1 May - CD3 U/S 5-6, Follistim start 5-11 thru 5-17, u/s 5-18 3 mature w/ a close 4th, IUI 5-20 - BFP!
                 Beta #1 12dpo - 164 & progesterone - 89!, Beta #2 16 dpo - 1189, 5w3d - u/s shows TWINS!
                 6/19- u/s showed heartbeats! Baby A 111 & Baby B 118, both measuring 6w1d
                 7/3- Baby A hb 170, Baby B hb 166 - both measuring perfect.
                 7/18 - Baby A 165, Baby B 171 - both measuring right on track & moving all around!

Pregnancy Ticker

• We found out that mine were both boys at the anatomy scan at 19 weeks. It was very obvious they were boys ha! It all depends on if they are in a good position.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They took a guess around sixteen weeks for us (even though the MFM office swore they would not before 18 ;-) I am persuasive).  It was confirmed multiple times after that.  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • They made a guess at 13 weeks, but were confident at 16 weeks.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks ladies. I'm hopeful that we will know at a/s. Baby A has been shy the last two ultrasounds.
  • We found out with genetic testing, no Y chromosomes. Then confirmed at a/s. ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"