Working Moms
Options

Daycare gifting.. The director?

Do you give gifts to the director? I never have because they are not the ones caring for my baby directly. This year (I'm at a new daycare) a Mom is collecting money for The director. It is a small place, like 48 kids. The director here is very involved and has emailed me photos of my baby during the day.
Wdyd?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare gifting.. The director?

• Options
    I'm giving the director the same thing I do for the floater's/assistants, which is just a small gift to show my appreciation.  Its certainly not expected and even though she doesn't directly care for my child, she does do a lot of things that indirectly benefit him and I'd like to thank her for that.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would just give money to whoever is collecting. Are you asking if you should gift something else on top of that?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't give anything separately just because it starts this chain of everyone in the place is helpful and great so where does it stop, KWIM. But if there was anyone collecting for her or anyone else on the administrative side, I would contribute to that.

\image  image

• Options
    I think I would feel obligated to contribute if someone was collecting money.  Otherwise, I would not think to give the director a gift.  We are at a small DC, under 30 kids.  I rarely see her, which I always think is odd, but I think she spends more time in the older kids rooms and is gone before I get there for pick up. 
  • Options
    I don't do anything for the director but would contribute $10 if someone was collecting.  I only give a gift to the main teachers we have too many floaters to buy gifts for all of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I give a little something - a candle, an ornament, or some candies. And a nice card.
  • Options
    I would contribute if a collection was being taken but I don't typically give the administrative staff gifts...in the past I used to give a bagel tray during the holidays for the entire staff but where I live now there is nowhere good that delivers or that I can pick up that morning unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"