March 2015 Moms

No baby gifts for #2?!

I'm getting bummed that no one wants to send gifts for baby #2. I am having a second boy but makes me a little sad no one wants to show their love for this bump like they did for the first.

Re: No baby gifts for #2?!

• Loading the player...
  • I think that generally people have a shower for their first child, and end up with lots of gifts. It's not as common to have a shower/get a lot of gifts with baby 2, because the mom already has most things. People that are close to u may bring the baby a gift when they visit, but not always! Hopefully you still have all you things from your first baby, and can use it for your second.
  • Aaaaand here we go....
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • saltyfins said:

Pecan braids from Panera Bread are delicious.

Ohhhh going right by a panera this morning. I might need to stop in...
  • I'm guessing this was just a random troll drive by
  • It's funny cause I was a little sad that I didn't have an excuse to go shopping when I found out my second was a boy. But never expected anything from anyone else. Some people will bring things for baby to the hospital. And I went shopping anyway cause it's fun to buy some baby stuff lol
  • CityBee said:

Not that I think this poster is for real, but am I the only one who actually feels kind of uncomfortable receiving gifts? Of course I appreciate anything that anyone has been kind enough to give to us for both our first and second baby, but overall I have enjoyed not worrying about showers or receiving as much this time. I just don't get being disappointed because people aren't giving you shit that you probably don't even need?

This totally this.
  • Gifts =\= love

I wish to god my in laws were able to figure this basic truth out. They throw ungrateful fits every birthday and Xmas. It's excruciatingly embarrassing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • WhitfryWhitfry member
    edited December 2014
    There is no Panera bread where I live. The closest one is, like, 300 miles away.

Also, I forgot my Chapstick this morning.
  • DM718DM718 member
    edited December 2014
    @CityBee - I'm completely with you on generally being uncomfortable recieving gifts. Everyone in my family is at least solidly middle class - we buy what we want and need, gifts are very kind and generous but generally just added clutter. I think I'm generally good at accepting gifts graciously, but it makes me sad to realize how much of what I'm given ends up donated to Goodwill.
  • OP you should have just had twins the first time around. Then 1 and 2 would have equal gifts. It worked for me

Just because drive by's irritate me.
  • CityBee said:
    Not that I think this poster is for real, but am I the only one who actually feels kind of uncomfortable receiving gifts? Of course I appreciate anything that anyone has been kind enough to give to us for both our first and second baby, but overall I have enjoyed not worrying about showers or receiving as much this time. I just don't get being disappointed because people aren't giving you shit that you probably don't even need?
    Receiving gifts for the baby does make me a little uncomfortable because I have no idea if we're going to end up liking/using all of them. You always hear about the babies that hate the swing or bouncer or bottles and the moms that hate the boppy/breastfeeding pillows or diaper bags they picked before baby. I'll be so thankful for anything people give to us but I will feel bad about the things that get stored away unused or sold/donated. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MauiBliss said:

CityBee said:

Noooope. I love giving gifts. Receiving, not so much. At Thanksgiving, MIL and H's Aunt tried to get everyone's attention, like 20 people, to showcase me opening a gift from them. I was mortified and told them no one needed to stop eating pie and playing games and watching a movie to stare at me opening their gift. I was very grateful, and thanked them and sent thank you notes, but still, my guess with the exception of maybe the grandparents, no one gives a shit that I've procreated except me and my H. 
    I am bad at being a gift receiver but I try really hard to show how gracious I feel because I love to give to people and see how happy it makes them. Watching someone open something you picked for them is the best!

All of this. I'm a terrible awkward gift reciever but i know how happy i get watching someone open a gift i got for them so i try to show the same emotion. My mom keeps asking what i want for Christmas that is NBR lol and well pretty much anything we need is baby stuff. I literally could care less about anything for myself. I have no clue!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • MauiBliss said:

CityBee said:

Noooope. I love giving gifts. Receiving, not so much. At Thanksgiving, MIL and H's Aunt tried to get everyone's attention, like 20 people, to showcase me opening a gift from them. I was mortified and told them no one needed to stop eating pie and playing games and watching a movie to stare at me opening their gift. I was very grateful, and thanked them and sent thank you notes, but still, my guess with the exception of maybe the grandparents, no one gives a shit that I've procreated except me and my H. 
    I am bad at being a gift receiver but I try really hard to show how gracious I feel because I love to give to people and see how happy it makes them. Watching someone open something you picked for them is the best!

All of this. I'm a terrible awkward gift reciever but i know how happy i get watching someone open a gift i got for them so i try to show the same emotion. My mom keeps asking what i want for Christmas that is NBR lol and well pretty much anything we need is baby stuff. I literally could care less about anything for myself. I have no clue!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • OMG! You should totes throw yourself an awesome baby shower because it is so like totally unfair that no one is making a big deal about you and your offspring because they are totes jealous and selfish.
  • I'm sure everyone will love your second as much as your first. But you honestly don't need that much for the second. You should have most of the necessities from your first.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"