September 2012 Moms

Gifts for Grandparents

What are you (or your toddler) giving the grandparents this year? I would like to have DD make something for her grandparents this year, but I'm not looking to spend a ton of $ and I'd like for her to enjoy the process of making somthing and it to end up cute.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gifts for Grandparents

• Loading the player...
  • Not sure what we are doing this year yet but we have done handprint ornaments and painting picture frames in the past. I really like the picture frame idea. It's cheap, our kids love painting and it includes a cute picture of the kids.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I usually frame an updated picture of our family and make a calendar on Shutterfly.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Also in the calendar club. My mom loves it. Also a new charm her Pandora bracelet.

• We're doing a calendar, but both of my parents' birthdays were in the late fall. We made a painted plate for my dad, and painted a birdhouse for my mom. The plate was a kit from Michaels and the birdhouse was just an unfinished one from there I let her paint with her regular paint set.
  • The grandparents unusually just get pictures of the kids. All of the other grandkids on DH's side are adults or teens and don't give anything, so we don't either. My parents don't celebrate Christmas so the kids usually send them arts and crafts throughout the year.
  • We're doing a paint your own pottery day with my Mom, Nancy and I.
    Otherwise, everything for my Mom is from me...not the kids. :-)

We don't do anything for my FIL because he's an idiot.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I bought some papier mache ornaments at the craft store, and DS coloured them with markers. I then put his name and the year on the side. We will give those to the grandparents, his god parents and keep one for ourselves. It was really inexpensive, and they turned out pretty cute.
                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited December 2014
    We made these for my mom. My niece and nephew are going to do the same, and then there all going in one big frame.

Edit: they're. They're all going in one big frame. Jeez Andrea.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Hahahahahahahahs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • ((Hugs 4 Eva))
    THT
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I had a mounted collage print made on Shutterfly using 4 pro pics we got from the wedding the kids were in over the summer. I will also have them draw or paint a pic.

That's for my mom. My IL's are MH's responsibility & I have no clue what he intends to do for them.

• ((Hugs 4 Eva)) THT
    I can't even take this seriously, lmao.

• bosha711 said:
    I had a mounted collage print made on Shutterfly using 4 pro pics we got from the wedding the kids were in over the summer. I will also have them draw or paint a pic.

That's for my mom. My IL's are MH's responsibility & I have no clue what he intends to do for them.
    I need to take your approach @bosha711. I'm tired of orchestrating all the gifting. I think 2015 is going to be the start of a new pattern!

• bosha711bosha711 member
    edited December 2014
    melody921 said:

bosha711 said:

I had a mounted collage print made on Shutterfly using 4 pro pics we got from the wedding the kids were in over the summer. I will also have them draw or paint a pic.

I need to take your approach @bosha711. I'm tired of orchestrating all the gifting. I think 2015 is going to be the start of a new pattern!

----------stuck
    I figure, he never goes around saying to me, "omg! I have no idea what to get your mom!" So why should I? WOTY

• bosha711 said:
    bosha711 said:

----------stuck I figure, he never goes around saying to me, "omg! I have no idea what to get your mom!" So why should I? WOTY
    I just bought for my SIL and Step-MIL. DH legit only purchased gifts for me, and his parents because I told hime I wouldn't. I assumed he would remember his Step-MIL, but no. Ass.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • FlamingemuFlamingemu member
    edited December 2014
    **wrong thread..

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"