Infertility

Hurtful words

How do you cope with hurtful words from your own motjer re IF when they know what you're going through?

Re: Hurtful words

• Sorry you're experiencing pain. All of us have suffered at some point from insensitive comments. Some of us try to educate others about what we're going through, but sometimes it's too much of a burden to have to correct everyone when we're already dealing with sadness and grief. There's no perfect way to get through this. Hugs.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• @bkam I'm sorry your mom is not being supportive. Have you told her how you feel?
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• Loading the player...
  • Some people make insensitive comments when they mean well, some people are just flat out ignorant and have no manners, and some people are just ugly (like my DH's ex wife).  I used to react and internalize the comments based on which category I was dealing with, but over time I've learned to just tune it all out. It's much easier said than done for sure. 

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

• I've been there.  People often try to say things that they think are helpful, for ex: "Why don't you just adopt", "Stop trying so hard", "When you stop trying it will happen"... blah, blah, blah.  They don't realize its hurtful.  You can tell your mom that what she said hurt your feelings and you aren't looking for her to "fix" the problem for you, you just want someone to talk to.  Or you can stop talking to her about it all together and just vent to us instead :)

***Siggy Warning***

imageimage
    Anniversary

Started TTC June 2011Cycles #1-10 = BFNCycle #11: 100 mg Clomid + TI =BFNReferred to RE March 2012HSG all clear, FSH = 13, Prolactin = 28, S/A = greatApril 2012 MRI to check for brain tumor due to elevated Prolactin = clearJune 2012 Hysteroscopy to remove uterine polyps and partial septateJuly 2012 IUI #1 7/7/12 = BFNAugust 2012 IUI #2.1 Cancelled due to early/missed ovulation = BFNSeptember 2012 Forced break due to one huge cyst October 2012 IUI #2.2 = BFNNovember 2012 Begin BCPs for IVF #1December 2012 IVF #1 = Delayed due to cyst. Start stims 12/22January 2013 ER: 1/2, 14R, 10M, 9FET: 1/7 Transferred 1 "Perfect" blast! 4 frosties!Beta #1: 99 BFP! #2: 227 #3: 584 #4: 3,020Baby Boy born September 25, 2013

TTC #2
    November 2014 - Begin BCPs
    December 2014 - Start Lupron 12/25
    January 2015 - FET #1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *Everyone Welcome*

• Yeah - my mom was pretty unsupportive too - still is. She doesn't understand medical stuff in general and thinks that there is something wrong with me (other than I'm just 39, all tests are normal). Then, she freaked out when I told her we couldn't wait because she didn't want me being pregnant for my wedding. She told me I was desperate and that waiting will be better. All a bunch of uninformed crap. The only consolation is that she also freaked out when my sister announced she was pregnant with her second. So at least my mom applies this liberally to everyone.
  • I don't really have any experience or advice to share with you, but I wanted to say that I'm sorry you're going through this.  Keep your head up and don't let outside opinions change your mind!
    Me: 30, PCOS  Him: 28, Perfect
    Married: 10/11/12  TTC: 10/11/12

Journey So Far:
    Clomid 50mg = BFN
    Clomid 100mg = BFNx4
    Femara 2.5mg + U/S + Ovidrel 250mcg + Progesterone supps + TI= BFNx3

What's Next:
    First IVF cycle coming in February

Follow me on Tumblr to read more about my TTC journey as well as my life in general: hellowhosthatgirl

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"