October 2012 Moms

Daycare Teacher Gift

chricastchricast member
edited December 2014 in October 2012 Moms
I realized today that this may be a thing I should probably do? I have never given the teachers a gift as of yet. What do you typically give? Emma recently moved to a new class so I am think I may also give something to her previous teacher as well. Any creative ideas? My first thought was hand sanitizer haha!
image                 image
Lilypie - (52Ft)

Re: Daycare Teacher Gift

• Last year i did some lotion and a $10 gift card to the local coffee shop. We had 6 teachers last year and i got the director a bigger gift card.

Not sure what im doing this year yet. Haven't figured it out .

• I got our teachers (2) some fancy hand painted ornaments. They have a tree up, with a combo of ornaments kids made and gifted ornaments. It's actually pretty cute.

I'll bring them a tray a baklava, too. That's my go-to for everyone, because everyone loves it, but it's a pain in the ass to make.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hismom12 said:
    Not to sound ungrateful, but as a teacher I would much rather have a gift card than something that takes up space in my house or my classroom!
    this is actually uber helpful. i appreciate your honesty :D

• @Cmarie79 i get both the director and assistant director a gift card. They are very hands on and have we helped a ton especially when wesley is having a bad morning and wont go to anyone else at drop off.

• Last year I gave all Henry's teachers and the director of the daycare a Starbucks gift card.  It was just $10 each, I think.  Then I made each of them a little tin of baked goods to go along with the gift card.  I also left a larger tin of baked goods for the daycare center.  

Google gift ideas for teachers.  I bet Buzzfeed has an article on it....someone does, for sure.  If it weren't for gift guides, I don't think anyone in my life would receive gifts.  :|  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• chricastchricast member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for all your help giris I really appreciate it as I am clueless!
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• I actually did get two of the large Bath and Body hand sanitizers, too. Think of all the germs those poor ladies come into contact with.
  • Wanted to show you what I decided to give. I did the 2 girls at the front desk, director, 2 teachers, and 2 class aides. I gave a wawa gift card for coffee, cute holiday socks, small lotion, chapstick, chocolate and small ornament. I also wrote nice note to each person. I think it looks cute I am going to give them out this afternoon. Thanks for your help!
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"