July 2015 Moms
Options

Diclegis alternative?

Just wondering if anyone has tried taking one tab of Unisom at night before bed with 20mg of vitamin B6 instead of Diclegis?  My OB gave me a script for Diclegis along with some samples, but it was going to cost me around $250 to fill the prescription, so I wondered if this was a viable alternative.  Anyone else using the unisom/B6 combo for nausea/vomiting and finding that it's helping?

Re: Diclegis alternative?

• Options
    My doctors office has a coupon to get it for $25 dollars. You should call them or look up the manufacturers website and see if you could find one. I tried the alternative but feel like diclegis worked better
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That is good news, sassycassieb!  Yeah, my OB gave me that coupon but my insurance company wouldn't accept it because they are "already saving me sooo much money since the script w/o insurance would be $600".  I'm wondering who can actually afford to fill the prescription...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Diclegis made me incredibly ill. I couldn't function at all the day after I took it. Some people have great success with it so I say try it before you buy it!

Hailey Jo born 1/11/2011 after successful IUI

TTC #2 Since 06/2012
    Me: 28 - PCOS w/ IR
    DH: 29

Cycle #1 
    Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFP

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My OB did give me 3 bottles of samples, and I just finished the first bottle.  I've just been taking the two at night right before bed, and while it doesn't completely alleviate the nausea, the vomiting has gone away.  I'll call his office this week just to make sure he's okay with me taking that combo, but I absolutely want to give it a try once the samples run out.
  • Options
    Don't get it. I take 4 a day & they don't work for me... we have good insurance so it paid for it but still don't think they work good.
  • Options
    I take the diclegis on recommendation from my sister because she said zofran didn't work for her. When I first began taking it, it didn't seem to work. Apparently, it takes a few days to kick in because it has to build up in your system. And even now, I still feel nauseous when hungry.

I can't believe it's costing you ladies that much! I thought I had crap insurance when they were charging me $250 for a 14day supply of Crinone. It's ridiculous what they choose to cover. Insurance is such a scam!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor just prescribed me this. He gave me the samples and so far they work great. He said if my insurance makes it expensive aka the hundreds they still want to charge to tell the pharamist you're paying cash and not using insurance and they will give you the coupon price. My coupon is for $30 but he gave me a script for 100 tabs. Our highest copay for prescriptions is $17 though so I'm going to try that first. I've already tried zofran and Phenergan neither worked.
  • Options

I'm confused as why your insurance is even looking at the discount card. It states pretty clearly on it that it is for the pharmacy to submit not insurance. The whole point is to help cover what insurance doesn't. My insurance copay was $50 for 60 pills, I then gave the pharmacy the discount card which they will send in to get $20 and I paid the difference (my discount card was to drop it down to $30).

Either way, I'd definitely ask your dr for samples. Mine instructed me to call her if my insurance didn't cover it and she'd provide me with enough samples to get me by. She didn't want to prescribe zofran or phenergan if she could help it but understands prescriptions help!

• Options
    I use unisom/B6 before bed. It definitely helps me make it through the next day but it wears off around dinner.

I'm taking an insane amount of B6 - 100 mg. I tried cutting the pill in half but it wasn't as effective.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    my doctor gave me a bunch of samples and told me to come back for more samples if I needed them, because the script just costs too much with most insurances. Maybe ask your OB if they can give you more samples?

That said, before this, I was was taking 1/2 a unisom before bed...and I'm finding that that worked just as well for me....
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    Diclegis is totally working for me. I thought maybe my symptoms were gone because it was working so well- I felt completely normal. Then my prescription ran out and I have been so sick! Going to pick up my refill today.

My doctor was really reluctant to prescribe it to me due to the price and kept warning me that it was expensive. I was prepared to pay whatever, and had the coupon downloaded and printed out, but when I went to pick it up it was only $30- I didn't even need the coupon. That's for only 30 pills, which lasts me about two weeks (I only take the two pills at night, none during the day)- so still kind of expensive I guess- but I was expecting it to be hundreds. I guess it depends on your insurance (and maybe the pharmacy too- I use Target and I swear things are always much less expensive than I'm expecting them to be.)
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"