Infertility

So sick of this *vent* ****loss mentioned****

Ugh! I have been on the ART train for two years now between all the medicated cycles, IUIs, IVF and FETs and I just feel like I don't even know my own body anymore! Especially since my MMC at the end of July, I just don't feel like I know what to expect anymore. My cycles used to be regular, predictable within a few days. I used to know what to expect on the Pill down to the exact day AF would start. Now... Who the hell knows. My body has been used, abused and tricked by medications to behave certain ways on certain schedules, and it seems like it is starting to rebel. The first time my RE had me skip placebo BCPs to line up my cycle for the IVF schedule, no problems. The last time, I spotted for nearly 2 weeks in the middle starting the end of the third week of active pills, about the time I would have expected AF if I had taken the placebo week. And this time?? I just finished week 2 of active pills, it is not time for AF yet even if I was not on BCPs... And today I am having full on AF style bleeding. WTF is up with that?? I know bleeding through on the Pill can be normal... But it was never normal for me before. I just feel like my body is going haywire with all the playing with my hormone levels. I almost wish I could take 6 months off to give my body a rest... But for a variety of practical reasons, if we are going to do another fresh cycle, January is the time to do it, as long as the RE is not concerned (and she's not), but.... Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!! Thanks for letting me vent.

*************Siggy Warning. Loss mentioned.************

Me: 36, DH:37

Married 4/2010, TTC since 7/2011

Dx: Officially Unexplained (I have Polycystic Ovaries diagnosed via ultrasound, but few classic PCOS symptoms, he has mild MF issues. So... not issue free, but nothing so severe as to explain IF)

I also deal with post-surgical Hypothyroidism following Thyroid Cancer in 2009, but under control with Levothyroxine

4 months Clomid (thinned lining) and 10 months Letrozole (every indication that I responded perfectly)

6 failed IUIs in 2013, 3 with trigger

IVF #1 in March 2014

ER 3/21/14, 31R/21F, 12 frosties!

ET 3/26/14, 1 perfect blast transferred: BFN

FET#1 5/28/14, 2 "beautiful" early blasts transferred. BFP!!

Beta #1 (6/11/14) 798; Beta #2 (6/18/14) 7,966.

1st u/s (6/25/14) showed 2 sacs, 1 empty & 1 with a beautiful little bean doing what it needs to do!

EDD 2/14/15, missed miscarriage, DX: Trisomy 21. D&C 8/1/14

FET#2 Transferred 3 embies, 2 looking pretty good, one not so much. BFN.

IVF#2 January 2015, tentative ER 1/23

Re: So sick of this *vent* ****loss mentioned****

• **ticker warning**

Yes a miscarriage can really throw your cycles off. Sometimes for a few weeks and sometimes for a really long time. And yes the meds really mess with you too. I'm hoping my cycles go back to 'normal' after my cancelled FET cycle. We'll see! 

((hugs))
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Spring78Spring78 member
    edited December 2014
    **ticker warning**

Yes a miscarriage can really throw your cycles off. Sometimes for a few weeks and sometimes for a really long time. And yes the meds really mess with you too. I'm hoping my cycles go back to 'normal' after my cancelled FET cycle. We'll see! 

((hugs))

I know... *sigh* That's why in a perfect world I'd love to take time off to let my body be screwed up and re-regulate without using drugs to try to force it to do things... but, alas... Not getting any younger. My RE doesn't think it is a problem, so we forge ahead. I just feel a little like I'm on a runaway train sometimes. I hope your cycle starts cooperating for you soon, too! :

*************Siggy Warning. Loss mentioned.************

Me: 36, DH:37

Married 4/2010, TTC since 7/2011

Dx: Officially Unexplained (I have Polycystic Ovaries diagnosed via ultrasound, but few classic PCOS symptoms, he has mild MF issues. So... not issue free, but nothing so severe as to explain IF)

I also deal with post-surgical Hypothyroidism following Thyroid Cancer in 2009, but under control with Levothyroxine

4 months Clomid (thinned lining) and 10 months Letrozole (every indication that I responded perfectly)

6 failed IUIs in 2013, 3 with trigger

IVF #1 in March 2014

ER 3/21/14, 31R/21F, 12 frosties!

ET 3/26/14, 1 perfect blast transferred: BFN

FET#1 5/28/14, 2 "beautiful" early blasts transferred. BFP!!

Beta #1 (6/11/14) 798; Beta #2 (6/18/14) 7,966.

1st u/s (6/25/14) showed 2 sacs, 1 empty & 1 with a beautiful little bean doing what it needs to do!

EDD 2/14/15, missed miscarriage, DX: Trisomy 21. D&C 8/1/14

FET#2 Transferred 3 embies, 2 looking pretty good, one not so much. BFN.

IVF#2 January 2015, tentative ER 1/23

• Loading the player...
  • What @BootsOrHearts said, a m/c can make your body so wonky for way longer than you would think it should.  ((Hugs)) for going through all of this.
    Me (28): fine, DH (28): MFI
    Married 6/21/09
    Off BCP and TTC 4/17/11
    BFP #1 (ended in CP) 7/15/11
    Varicocelectomy surgery 9/4/12 - T improved to normal, but still low count

Current Status: Pursuing Jan '15 IVF w/ ICSI
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image    imageimage
  • I'm so sorry. You've been through so much :( IF sucks, and it's not fair. ((HUGS))

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hugs

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• ((((Hugs))))) spring! I can relate to your frustrations. My cycles are weird now that I'm finally off of the roller coaster (few month break). My last cycle was like 40 days or close to it I think.

Someone who went through IVF once told me after my first loss..... "IVF is almost bearable when it does work, and completely shitty when it doesn't". Her point was IF sucks all the way around. Her words help me keep things in perspective when I'm down over the whole thing.
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• I'm so sorry for your loss and that you're going through this!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our story:
    TTC since 4/13
    Me: 35
    Husband: 45 
    Issues: Moderate MFI, tubal factor, fertilization problems
    10/13 - we find out my husband has MFI, which has since been addressed and mostly remedied. Hate our RE. 
    12/13 - finally find an RE we love.
    1/14-5/14 - using Letrizole
    6/14 - 1st IUI with Clomid, BFN
    7/14 - 2nd IUI with Clomid,  BFN
    7/14 - Insurance reverses decision and agrees to cover HSG, we learn I have tubal factor
    11/14 - IVF #1 = BFN
    1/15/15 - FET with our one frozen embryo scheduled.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"