Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

LO really sick but doc says she's fine?

I got my girl back from her dad's last Sunday and she was throwing up her milk everytime I gave it to her, tried giving her pedialite but she wouldn't take it, or sprite she only wanted milk. Gave her water out of a cup so she stayed hydrated as the week went by and this kept happening. Took her to her dad's for the weekend and he said she drank milk fine there but ad soon as I got her back she threw it up. Went to the doctor and he said lactose intolerant which is what I thought, and that she was fine and healthy otherwise, so I switched her to lactic free and went to work. I get home and she's thrown up twice, and I just got up at 5 am and her diaper was filled with poo but it's straight water. I don't know what to do, I told the doctor that she wasn't okay and he said she was and now she's still throwing up and it's escalating to water poo. I feel like crying.

Re: LO really sick but doc says she's fine?

• Are you still giving her milk at all?  I'm a bit confused as why you would give her pedialyte or sprite before water.  Did the doctor order allergy test?  Has milk bothered her before last week?  

I would not give her any milk at all and realize it will take a few days to get out of her system and continue giving water.  If you really think she is that sick you need to be more forceful with your pedi.  
  • If she is lactose intolerant and you switch her milk to lactose free, there won't be an immediate change. She will have to digest everything already in her body so could have puking and diarrhea for a couple of days. Try probiotics to help settle her stomach. You can buy drops for toddlers/babies at a pharmacy. Give it a couple days and see if it settles down, if not, back to the doc for further investigation. Keep a level head and do some research prior to the next doctor visit so you can get the help that you want.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, she's 16 months and has been drinking regular milk since she turned 1. He said it might just be a temporary reaction. And also that just water wasn't good for her since she's throwing up and losing electrolytes. She threw up 3x this morning but has been fine since, giving her carbs to help settle her stomach.
  • edited December 2014
    Sorry wrong thread... Mommy sleep deprivation

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"