Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Levels question.

I had a D&C on 11/15/2014. It will be 4 weeks this Saturday. My levels were at 33,000 when I had my surgery. I called my doctor today to see if I could get my blood drawn to see where they are at but until then I was just wondering if anyone could share their experience on how long it took for their levels to go down. I know everyone is different but I was just wondering.

Re: Levels question.

• So I just went for my last (hopefully) bloodwork today. I miscarried at 10 weeks on Nov 4th and my levels were 12,000. Went the week after that and they were 3,000. Went week after that (don't know what the levels were but I was told to go again because they werent down yet). Went the week after that, and they were at 300. Went the week after that and they were at 20. Then was told to wait 2 weeks and I went today but I got my period yesterday so I'm assuming they are down now.

I feel like it took a while to get down. 4 weeks. Is that normal? I wonder...
  • You're right, everyone can be different. Mind took about 3 weeks (maybe a little over) with my 10 week MC.

I remember that it went down pretty quickly until it got to around 30 and then it seemed to take forever :(
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • I feel like it's taking forever
  • at 8 weeks (based off solid dates) my beta was 5123, 2 days later my U/S showed empty sac, the next day beta was 3000 then over the next 3 days I partially miscarried but needed a D&C 3 weeks ago today and at time of D&C beta was 1500. I took a pregnancy test about 10 days after D&C and it was negative (not even a hint of a line)  I stopped bleeding about a week post op and then 16 days post op got what I think is my period, had my usually cramps and everything, it lasted 4 days and seems to be over as of today. I've read somethings saying its not possible and some saying it is.
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    DS born 12/29/12 @ 41+1 
    TTC#2 07/2014
    BFP 10/14/14 MC 11/14/14 D&C for RT 11/18/2014 
    Given all clear 12/15/2014 - back to TTC

• Mine were 33,000 but I had a blighted ovum so they had risen the day of my D&C which was directly the morning after the 2nd blood draw. Anyone know if they decline slowly or rapidly is is everyone different once it comes to that too?
  • at 8 weeks (based off solid dates) my beta was 5123, 2 days later my U/S showed empty sac, the next day beta was 3000 then over the next 3 days I partially miscarried but needed a D&C 3 weeks ago today and at time of D&C beta was 1500. I took a pregnancy test about 10 days after D&C and it was negative (not even a hint of a line)  I stopped bleeding about a week post op and then 16 days post op got what I think is my period, had my usually cramps and everything, it lasted 4 days and seems to be over as of today. I've read somethings saying its not possible and some saying it is.

I'm 24 days post D&C and my test did not show negative :(:( I know there's nothing there! It just hurts so bad.
  • I'm two weeks post m/c and am at 22.5. I bet it is that low because the baby only made it to five weeks even though I was pregnant for nine. It was probably declining all during those four weeks.
    Me: 33, DH: 32  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Did anyone not have their levels done? I didn't, and my doctor doesn't plan to. Do you know the reason for monitoring them? Thanks
  • CMDD said:
    Did anyone not have their levels done? I didn't, and my doctor doesn't plan to. Do you know the reason for monitoring them? Thanks
    It tends to be about 50/50 if they get monitored or not. There's no real need for them to be monitored unless you're having complications or you haven't gotten a period in a while (usually 8+ weeks). Checking hCG levels can be helpful but in the large majority of cases it's not needed.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • This is good to know @KingLED‌! Mine were monitored down to zero with all 3 so I thought that was the norm. Thanks for clarifying :)
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Thanks so much! I feel better knowing it's not 100% necessary in all cases. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"