April 2015 Moms

Tiger stripes: question for BTDT mommies

When did you earn your first stripe?

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

Answers

• I have no clue what a tiger stripe is! #cluelessmomofrwosoontobethree
  • Second trimester sometime, but they went away after and I haven't seen them pop up yet this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • rsaj0807 said:
    I have no clue what a tiger stripe is! #cluelessmomofrwosoontobethree
    stretch marks

Ahhhhh! Haha. Thankfully I don't get them.. Or should I say I haven't before or yet with pregnancy. I have some from when I was younger.. Thighs, boobs, calves. None from pregnancy though. Some say rub vitamin E and coco butter. I never did, but might help?
  • Right at the end of my 3rd tri--just Before I delivered. Only in my lower stomach. They are light and not super noticeable.
  • rsaj0807 said:

Mine didn't show up until after I gave birth. I thought I had gotten lucky, but then those bastards reared their heads.

How did that work? From losing weight too quickly?

BabyFruit Ticker

• I had them on my boobs prior to pregnancy thanks to already being blessed in that area and lightly on my sides. A week before I gave birth they appeared on my stomach.

I read about using jojoba oil for stretch marks so that's what I'm using this time around!
  • RHoPA1109 said:

This makes me feel cruddy, because I'm not a BTDT mom and I already sprouted a few on my boobs. I'm hoping this isn't a predictor that I'm going to get a bazillion if I got 2 on each boob already.

I had some on my boobs and thighs from rapid growth at 13. Don't feel bad ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• I earned my stripes in my first pregnancy, on my tummy. I didn't get any new ones in my second, and waiting to see if any pop up in this pregnancy.
  • I got them at 30 weeks with my first . I thought I was getting lucky and not getting any then bam one day I woke up and I was covered haha
  • RHoPA1109 said:

This makes me feel cruddy, because I'm not a BTDT mom and I already sprouted a few on my boobs. I'm hoping this isn't a predictor that I'm going to get a bazillion if I got 2 on each boob already.

Don't worry because 1. There's nothing you can do about it so no point in stressing, and 2. I got stretch marks from going through puberty on my boobs and hips but no new ones during my first pregnancy. So just because you got a few doesn't mean you'll get more.
  • When I was 12. On my stomach and boobs throughout high school. Eventually under arms.
  • This is my first pregnancy and I got a weird stretch mark as soon as I got pregnant. It's on my hip. It's weird. I've had them on my inner boobs from growing up but nothing else from pregnancy yet...
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • I really thought I was going to be stretch mark free during my first pregnancy. I didn't get any on my belly, then 2 months PP I caught a glimpse in the mirror while shaving, and noticed I had some on the back of my thighs and butt. :/

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• FTM but I already have one pretty nasty looking one. I have a pretty decent size scar on my lower stomach from an appendectomy gone wrong when I was 8. So the right side of my stomach is having a hard time keeping up with the stretching since scar tissue doesn't stretch (or so I've been told, I had no idea). So my already unattractive scar is turning into a half scar half stretch mark beast.

It appeared around 19 weeks for me.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD I didn't get any marks till 36 weeks. A few on my butt (only the left side, wtf) and two tiny ones on my stomach. I gained almost 58 lbs while pregnant with her but it was mostly water and baby. She was born 13 lbs 6 oz so she wasn't small. I'm still not sure how I fit her into my 5'4" frame :-/
  • After delivery. Maybe they were there before, and I just couldn't see them. They are way down by my hips - right at the ends of my cs scar.
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited December 2014
    I gained a lot of weight before I got PG with DS, so I'm not sure what I can blame my stripes on. I had a whole bunch the whole way up my stomach though.
  • I don't have any. My skin must have pretty decent elasticity, none from puberty/adolescence and none from my first PG. Time will tell if that will change though!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• kmb6881kmb6881 member
    edited December 2014
    I had a few on the bottom half of my belly starting mid-2nd tri, I think. They spread across my entire belly by the end. They have never gone away. Only lightened post-pregnancy and darkened again with baby #2 and now baby #3. I have completely accepted that I can lotion the shit out of them and they'll never go away #iearnedthosestripesdamnit

****grrr, my signature will be forever stuck in December 2012****

Baby Boy #1: 7.7.11

Baby Boy #2: 5.6.13

Baby Boy #3: edd 4.25.15

• I was maintaining my weight until the 3rd trimester. It was third tri that I got stripey. Then I looked like a freakin' Thomas Guide. Once my belly went down my H called it a "deflated cantaloup" that was FINALLY going away and then I got KU again.

• Around 32 weeks...on my hips and the bottom half of my stomach. None, so far, this time, but the old ones are more visible again =/
  • I've always had stretch marks. Thighs and boobs. Got them on my stomach with first pregnancy. More over my body throughout the years. I quit keeping up with them. They don't bother me. 

• miahbellemiahbelle member
    edited December 2014
    I didn't get any until I was about 8 months pregnant with my DS. I'm assuming since I'm showing earlier with this little boy, that I'll have them sooner this time.

Eta: the stretch marks were on my stomach, not my chest. I guess it's because they were big before baby and although they got bigger, it wasn't by that much.
  • Mine showed up PP. This time I don't see any new ones yet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • picklesxpicklesx member
    edited December 2014
    I have some very tiny ones on my waist from pregnancy #1. Lots on the boobs, although theyre flesh colored and I don't show off lots of skin as it is, they make me a little self conscious.

ETA I don't know when they first showed up. Honestly I didn't notice them until after DS was born.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • RHoPA1109 said:
    I'm right there with you. FTM with 3 on each boob... ugh. At this point I guess I will be thankful they are on the bottoms of my boobs and not the tops.
    < Pregnancy Ticker >
  • @LilDoll513 First of all, I would have throat-punched my Dr. if they pointed them out to me.
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never got them either (knocking on wood).
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • I started to notice them around 30ish weeks the first time around. So far, I haven't noticed anything new or any of them worsening this time around....but there is plenty of time for them to rear their ugly heads. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I first noticed at 7 months, but they were below my belly button and I could not see them. I thought I was doing so great and not getting stretch marks and even said that to my MIL who just agreed with me and the next day I saw a ton of them in the mirror. I confronted my MIL about lying to me and she said that I was just so happy she didn't want to burst my bubble. lol. 
  • I got mine very late into my third tri I thought I would luck out and not get any but they started to appear around 35 weeks or so. I already had some from my adolescent years for my boobs.
    <Pregnancy Ticker>

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>
  • I never earned any during my first pregnancy except a couple barely visible ones on my breasts that I didnt notice until quite a bit later on. I'm going I luck out this time too but who knows?!?
  • joliereignjoliereign member
    edited December 2014
    I got some on my stomach at the end of first trimester. I think mine was from looking weight too quickly.
  • I had a few tiny ones on my hips from growth spurts during childhood (I got hips overnight apparently). FTM and those are more noticeable right now. I did "feel" a small one in my butt crack the other day....how in the world do you even get a stretch mark there???!!!
  • About 2 weeks before I gave birth. I thought I was in the clear. Luckily, they faded pretty quickly.
    Me 31 / DH 30
    DS born 6/12/12

My little superhero
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 started Oct 2013
    BFP #1 10/30/13 - m/c 01/02/14 @ 9 wks
    TTC #2 resumed Mar 2014
    BFP #2 8/17/14 - EDD 04/26/15 - it's a girl!!

April 15 Jan siggy challenge - workout fails

• I'm a FTM, none yet. I do have an assortment on my knees and hips from growth spurts but they're so white and faint (and I'm basically translucent white) that I'm hoping the inevitable belly and boob ones will be similar. And the probable butt ones. My butt likes to grow!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lol is there an abbreviation chart somewhere?! What in the world is BTDT?!? Idk if I'm in that category but I've got a few kinda next to my belly button that I noticed at about 19 weeks.
  • Lol is there an abbreviation chart somewhere?! What in the world is BTDT?!? Idk if I'm in that category but I've got a few kinda next to my belly button that I noticed at about 19 weeks.
    Been There Done That @mrsmeyer419

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• 35w exactly.  At 34w6d I had zero stretch marks on my belly.  When I woke up the day of 35w, there were a TON!  My skin had apparently reached the breaking point.

Also, I used a ton of different creams/etc to prevent stretch marks.  Obviously they didn't work.  I now truly believe that it's genetic and there isn't much you can do about it.  Sorry :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• I don't know.  Turns out all of mine were low, below the belly button.  I was doing blood thinner injections in the stomach also and still never noticed them.  It wasn't until after I delivered that I saw the ones down there. 

This time, I think I might have one or two.  But I know where to look now. ;)

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"