October 2012 Moms

holiday decor,photocards and gtg

What color are you decorating your tree?
Did you mail your cards yet?
Are you hosting a holiday party?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: holiday decor,photocards and gtg

• We have a memory tree, no color theme. White lights though. Husband prefers it.

The few cards we sent have gone out.

Sort of, yeah on the party. We are having a small open house/poker game/shindig in a couple weeks. :)

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • We have red and white lights on our tree but ornaments are mostly hallmark of mine growing up and now the kids' yearly pics too. I like it that way as most have a memory attached. Some day I'll have a themed fancy and this one but I only have room for one so crazy varied tree it is.

Cards go out tomorrow... Or at least by the end of the week. ;)

No party hosting. I'll be lucky to get myself to all our regular and christmas obligations - no need to add extra chaos and cleaning.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Loading the player...
  • We used to have the tree in our front room be our fancy tree. White lights and ornaments were blue, metallics, and glass / Crystal. Then our second tree in the family room was a white tree with colored lights and all the other ornaments. But now our family room is too crowded for a tree so alllll the things go on the big tree in the fancy room.

I mailed cards on Black Friday. I was feeling productive that week.

We host my moms family on Christmas Eve. It's only like 10 people. We do appetizers and desserts, not a big meal. Pretty laid back.
  • Our tree has white lights. It has some country/rustic ornaments mixed with Emma's hallmark and gifted ornaments.

I have not sent Christmas cards I should probably order some and send them out by the end of the week.

I am not having any holiday parties nor have we really been invited to any. We go to a family friends house for a party every year on Christmas eve.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Mrs_LadyMrs_Lady member
    edited December 2014
    I love this time of year before i hibernate til summer:)
    We put up the tree and wreath. Its silver and gold with white lights and special ornaments we got for B.

We plan to do our holiday photocard this week it is easier than handwriting

We are doing breakfast with Santa next Saturday
    Hosting our annual chat n chew with my girlfriends

Hosting holiday craft party with playgroup

Wrapping presents for kids that have parents in jail a nonprofit i support

I also host a small apps and cocktail party for new years
  • We have a little 4ft tree with colored lights and fun glittery ornaments on it.

We are doing our santa pictures on saturday so im hoping to ave our photo cards out by next week. So glad Costco can print them quickly.

We usually have our friends over for a Christmas party te sunday before christmas.

I've posted it before but here is our tree

• I'm changing up decorations next year. Right now it is bright reds and greens and very playful. I'm looking to get a little more traditional and elegant. We are possibly moving into our house being built dec 22 . We are in dh's grandmas house. Great house but we are living out of boxes and it's been a little nuts. I got out as much decor as I could.
    My cards are ready at walgreens and I'm picking up tomorrow.
    I always host our friends holiday get together. We are doing it mid January so I have time to get moved in.
  • Our tree has white lights but red and green is the main theme. Although we have so many orniments. Especially hand made ones that any theme flew out the window years ago.

Most of our Christmas cards are sent out. Still waiting on a few addresses.

Not hosting address party but going to one next weekend.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Our tree has colored lights this year, which was not my wish. I prefer white lights but DH and DS1 mostly did the tree this year. All random ornaments on it, no theme. Big, pretty gold bow on top.

Christmas cards went out 12/1. I still have a few left for addresses I'm still waiting on for people. Also didn't have quite enough cards for people I wanted to send to so I'm waiting on a few to see if they send us cards. If they don't send, I won't. I should have ordered more but I miscounted :-/

I don't host any parties or anything. Some friends and I talked about a cookie exchange, but there are too many of us that are moving and we couldn't get it together fast enough. 2 of my fellow navy friends get packed out next week. 2 others leave early January. I'm so bummed :(
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"