September 2014 Moms

To all the health care worker moms (and maybe some others...)

Last night was a full moon, did you work, was it crazy? Do you believe in the lunacy?  I worked my first 12 hour shift since being on leave yesterday and it ended up being 13 and a half because things went down and I had to stay at work and be part of a police report. 

Also if anyone else stopped by, do you believe that people/things get funny with the full moon? Any experiences you wanna share? 

(This board is getting BORING.. thought I'd throw a wild card out there.)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To all the health care worker moms (and maybe some others...)

• Dh is a PCT at our local hospital and he always had fun stories about the crazies. The best one was a patient that stole the security guard's truck, all the while being naked. The patient was trying to make a run for the Canadian border. Not sure why, but he got all the way to Port Huron.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mp92814mp92814 member
    edited December 2014
    I work nights in a hospital on a stressful floor but our crazies behaved themselves. The ER was packed though. How are you doing being away from LO that long?
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to work in a dr office and totally believe it. In fact last night lo got up every two hours when he only usually gets up once and I was all "wtf, is it a full moon or something!?" Sure enough.....
    image"funny">imageimage
    Mom of Boys!!

Baby #1 - 3 years old
    Baby #2 - Born 10/1/14

• I was a social worker before LO was born. I worked with kids and inmates (not at the same time) but they went crazy during full moons. We had an on call service for emergencies with the kids and we always had something happen during the full moon.
  • There's something about a full moon that brings out the crazy blood donors.

Yes sir, I really believe you that the phlebotomist took the needle out and reinserted it 5 times. That's totally proper aseptic technique and not at all against SOP's. He/she must have had impeccable aim considering you only have one venipuncture. *eye roll*
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Was it a full moon? Is this why I was almost in tears when I got home last night? I work as an ER nurse and this was my first weekend back at work ... Saturday was smooth sailing ... Sunday I was bombarded with critical patients right as I hit the floor and last night the crazies decided to come out ... Was ready to pull my hair out last night
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"