Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Desitin on DD lady parts OK?

lorist202lorist202 member
edited December 2014 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
DD's daycare puts desitin everywhere, including inside her vulva. They all do it apparently, because I get a report with the times of diaper changes and names of the teacher who did it.

I have always thought of lady parts as being sensitive, and although I gently clean her with wipes(especially after a pooplosion!), I reserve Desitin for her bottom, or if needed, her labia. Is this OK? She has a red spot in there that looks uncomfortable, and I wonder if that's what its from...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Desitin on DD lady parts OK?

• Yeah, we do the same as above and it gets in there a little but we don't put it in there. DD had some chafing between her belly button and top of her vagina from the diaper so I put it on there which was basically on her tummy, too lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • External use only...go by that.  They shouldn't be putting it inside of anywhere.  In the hospital, it's only applied to superficial spots (read: no going up in places wipes don't go)
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Loading the player...
  • Aidan1717Aidan1717 member
    edited December 2014
    Hey..do a quick google of female external genitalia so I don't cause any confusion.... Application to the labia majora is perfectly fine, some may spread to the labia minora that's fine as well. None needs to be applied to the introitus.
    Unless she has a nappy rash (red, raised, angry looking patches) she may not need desitin, Vaseline or a&d ointment are adequate skin protectants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"