September 2014 Moms
Options

PPD and going back to work

Anyone have any experiences/advice with going back to work and dealing with PPD? I have been off for 12 weeks (worked up until the day before I gave birth) and will likely be returning to work in the next couple of weeks. I am super anxious and honestly just wondering if I'm going to be able to do it! I am taking meds (4 weeks with no relief yet) and going to therapy, but I definitely don't feel 100% yet.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: PPD and going back to work

• Options
    Work may make you feel more normal and help the PPD. It is hard no matter PPD or not but remember that it is normal to struggle a bit at first, it gets better, and if you didn't get a little emotional that'd be more weird.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Following .. I'm going back in 2 weeks and have PPD I'm not taking anything but it's hard I feel very anxious
  • Options
    I just started back.. and I'm not on meds anymore but I'm still struggling some. I haven't been back long but immediately I felt a change.  I MISS my baby so I am more patient with her, I'm more ready to see her and hold her and handle her when I get off work. It's like motherhood is more meaningful for me when it's not the only thing I'm doing with my day-to-day.

Good luck! It's a demon that PPD, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    this!! 

I am on meds for the PPD and I am feeling relief finally... hang in there and always remember you can have the meds adjusted if they aren't working for you!

• Options
    Thank you all for your comments-I'm just taking it one day at a time and "trying" to give myself some grace. Hopefully things get better for all of us! :\">

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I just started back.. and I'm not on meds anymore but I'm still struggling some. I haven't been back long but immediately I felt a change.  I MISS my baby so I am more patient with her, I'm more ready to see her and hold her and handle her when I get off work. It's like motherhood is more meaningful for me when it's not the only thing I'm doing with my day-to-day.

Good luck! It's a demon that PPD, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    This for me too. I feel like I can handle motherhood better when I'm not constantly surrounded by crying and whining.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"