April 2015 Moms

Bed Rest--Need Gift Ideas Please!

Hello Moms! 

My best friend, and FTM like myself, is 30 weeks pregnant. She was told she has preeclampsia and is now placed on 7 weeks bed rest...in the hospital. Her baby is barely a pound at this time, and tomorrow she has a growth scan. If the baby has not grown in the past 2 weeks, they will deliver tomorrow. If the baby is growing, she will remain on strict bed rest. 

Can you please help me generate some ideas for a care package to send to her? She lives in Rhode Island and I'm in California...it kills me to be so far away! 

Any ideas would be helpful--thank you! 

Re: Bed Rest--Need Gift Ideas Please!

• karbosskarboss member
    edited December 2014
    Gift cards to food places that will deliver after the baby is born. She will be needing all the support she can running from the hospital to home if they deliver her early.

Perhaps some nice PJs and toiletries if she gets stuck in the hospital for so long. A robe? Slippers? A cozy blanket? A few months of Netflix so she can binge watch on her tablet or computer?

ETA T&Ps for your friend.
    January Siggy Challenge--Exercise Fails

Met: 2/27/10 Married: 2/16/13 1st LO EDD: 4/10/15
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MPKbaby237MPKbaby237 member
    edited December 2014
    She's lucky to have you as a friend!
    For other health reasons, I've spent plenty of time in and out of the hospital. I have always enjoyed receiving a handwritten letter, fuzzy socks and/ or blanket (hospital stuff feels so rough and gross), assorted muffins/ snacks, knitting supplies, framed picture, books/ movies gift card for online purchases, and pajamas.
    Sending you thoughts and prayers that baby will grow on his/ her own without early delivery.
  • CD's, DVD's candy, a journal to wirte in, a comfy Hospital friendly gown, a funny card that has NOTHING to do with whats going on, a make shift countdown cal that she can use daily or weekly.

a brush and dry shampoo...can't get up! Lip blam, some smell goods she can keep near her bed side, hand sanitizer. Extra long chagerer for her cell phone.

I was on bed rest with my twins from 4 months to 31 weeks when I delivered and these helped a BUNCH! you are a awsome friend for sending a care package.

If I thik of more I will add them for you..T&P for your friend

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• You're an awesome friend! Lots of great suggestions so far. I would second the house cleaning and maybe a subscription to Plated or Blue Apron for when she gets home.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • Love the idea of a magazine subscription--something to look forward to every month!

11.9.14 Dot is a boy!!
  • All the PP's mentioned any ideas I had, but just wanted to send T's & P's Her way!
  • Maybe a scrapbook with some cute paper/stickers/journaling tags and pens that she can put together and fill with pictures once LO arrives?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know if she has any game systems, but you might find a working old gameboy on ebay or something with some classic games. Tetris, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario were all a lot of fun, easy to figure out and wildly entertaining.

I wish her the best of luck!!
  • Netflix subscription
  • Poor friend. Being in the hospital stinks, especially without the creature comforts at home.

I vote for comfy fluffy socks, lip gloss, nice hand lotion, magazines or a good book, and a nice throw. Music helps too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's very thoughtful of of you! I don't have more suggestions other than what other pp's have said. But I wish the best for her!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"