July 2015 Moms

1st Trimester and Depressed

Hi all! I struggle with all day nausea with all my kiddos (this time too) until about 16 weeks, and was taking Effexor for depression before even trying to conceive. I weaned off the Effexor to TTC and now am 10 weeks pregnant. I know that the tiredness and nausea is making me feel blue, but this is WAY worse than the other two pregnancies. I'm really trying not to be on anti-depressants while pregnant (especially not at delivery because it makes babies need NICU - respiratory depression) but I can't keep feeling like this. I have the most attentive and wonderful hubby ever but I'm even getting mad at the effort he's making because I don't really want to be helped. Any one else feel like this and does it go away in 2nd trimester???
 - expecting #3

Re: 1st Trimester and Depressed

• This is my first, so I don't have any advice... T&P to you that something helps you to feel better!

Married 08-13-2011
    TTC 06-01-2014
    BFP 10-24-2014
    EDD 07-04-2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Stay strong hun!! I'm in the process of weaning off mine. My Doc said I could stay on them and the withdrawal in the baby would pass in a few days or up to a week. I was uncomfortable though and stayed firm. When I weaned off ff of Effexor about a yer ago to change meds it was tough going. I felt like crap. Fingers crossed it gets a bit better for you soon! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm currently on Zoloft for severe anxiety and have been for 10 years. I took it during my first pregnancy and DD did have some respiratory depression at birth - she got a little extra support and monitoring, and was fine. Unfortunately for me, weaning off my medication isn't an option because I don't function very well off of it. I have severe anxiety.

It's possible that you could feel better in second trimester after your hcg levels taper off a little bit. However, if you find yourself getting worse and not being able to function or take care of your other children, I urge you to reconsider taking medication. You can try talking to a therapist if you're not already doing so.

Just know you're not alone ((hugs))
    Me: 28, DH: 33
    Married 10.12.11
     BFP #1: 5.30.12- Giannna, born 1.27.13
    BFP #2: 9.18.14- due 6.1.15 -- natural m/c @ 5w6d 
    BFP #3 11.2.14- due 7.16.14 -- mmc, d&c @ 10w1d

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image 

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am a FTM so I can't help as far as experience there but I do work in the mental health field. I know how hard it can be dealing with depression without the added pregnancy difficulties. I am sending T&Ps your way that you find some relief. Maybe talk to your doctor and see a therapist? CBT and DBT are especially helpful for depression when meds don't work or are not an option. Please keep up updated :)
  • Im feeling so very similar. I take zoloft. I went down 50 mg because I felt worse than ever taking 150 mg mixed with pregnancy. Im still not 100 percent and feel really lost. I feel myself slipping but I can't gain control.
  • DH expressed his desire for me to be anti depressant free while TTC (i was feeling better, and informed my doctor). I titrated with my psychiatrist's approval. I use my coping skills of a strong support system, journal writing, music, doing my nails...pretty much anything I enjoy. I make those activities a priority regularly. Please follow up with your treatment team.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"