July 2015 Moms
Options

Best One & How Soon?

Wondering if you ladies have purchased any dopplers or have used one yet?

I am 8w2d and my next appointment isn't until December 19, where hopefully, they will find a heartbeat with their doppler. We saw a heartbeat at our 7w US, but being that I have been through a mmc where the baby's heart stopped around 8.5-9 weeks...I need to find some comfort before I can get to the appointment! Looking into the Sonoline B dopplers, ranging from around $40-$50. Any recommendations and prices for good dopplers?

How far along were you when you could first pick up your little one's heartbeat? :)

Re: Best One & How Soon?

• Options
    I thinking that if doctors/nurses/midwives have issues consistently getting a heartbeat at 12 weeks, you probably won't get one either.
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have looked into the Sonoline B and found that there a lot of women who have been able to find a heartbeat around 8.5-9 weeks if you know where you're looking. I definitely know the possibility of not being able to find it this early, but I at least want to try to help ease my mind (if possible!). If I can't find it, I will just have to wait for my next appt :) At least I will have the doppler for later on in my pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't do it. It is hard for professionals to find a heartbeat, especially this early on, and you want to try yourself???? You probably won't be able to, and then will freak the shit out that it happened again!!! My doctor would not even attempt the Doppler at 12 weeks saying it's too early.
           BabyFruit Ticker      
                Our Rainbow Baby 
                                                                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic                                                    
          Me- 28, DH- 32 ----> together six years, married June 2012
    TTC ---> since the wedding night
    Initial diagnosis of PCOS, currently labeled as unexplained infertility
    Clomid and trigger shot regimen
    BFP 12/20/13, EDD 8/25/2014, baby got his wings at 11 weeks and 3 days.
    IVF - 2 day6 frozen embryos transferred 11/5/14, 9 frozen babies
    BFP 11/9/14, EDD 7/24/2015

• Options
    Doctors recommend waiting till 20 weeks to use one at home because the ones for sale are nowhere near the medical grade ones they have. That being said I've heard of people renting the medical grade ones and getting good results. If you are worried maybe bump up your appointment and save some money on the Doppler or wait till your further along to get one.
  • Options
    My SIL has one. With every pregnancy, she freaks out and drives her OB crazy with phonecalls because she can't hear the heartbeat until about 17-20w with her at-home device. Which is, as she has been told so many times, normal. 

Stay away. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies :)
  • Options
    I have the pocket fetal doppler and love it! I purchased it back in 08 when I was pregnant with my 1st. This is my 3rd child. I was able to find the heartbeat today at 9 weeks 0 days. Best purchase and peace of mind. Highly recommend it!
  • Options
    I have the Doppler you mentioned, last time I didn't pick up a heartbeat until around 11 weeks but this time around I was able to find one at 9 weeks 2 days. It definitely takes practice and patience, I can see why it would make some even more worried this early on, but I'm loving being able to check it and let the kids hear the baby.

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just purchased a Sonoline B doppler today and cant wait for it to get here! A friend got one and she loves it :) I am 17 weeks now and it has been super easy for my dr to find the heartbeat each time. I think I will get either a cheap bottle of KY lube or Aloe Vera gel. I have heard either will work good. 
  • Options
    Hi I'm 6w3d pregnant and I miscarried in August at 9.5 weeks
    I understand your need for comfort !
    I almost didn't book my dating ultrasound (8-12 weeks) but I gathered some courage and booked it today :) I feel nervous about it as last time I miscarried one week before my first ultrasound appointment.
    I guess I've decided I don't want to let fear lead me in this pregnancy - it only adds stress
    I try to take each day at a time and count my pregnancy blessings . i.e.) less fatigue, no cramping, no spotting, no pain, this one feels more 'normal' if there is such a thing :)
    Hope my 2 cents worth helps give you some perspective , peace , and hope !
  • Options
    I bought one back in 2010 with my first. I think with her it was around 10 weeks and with the 2nd it was right at 9 weeks that I could hear the HB. I have a sonoline b.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"