February 2015 Moms
Options

Where to hang mobile?

mle106mle106 member
edited November 2014 in February 2015 Moms
I made a mobile for baby boy's nursery and can't decide where to hang it. I'll try to post a picture of it (success is unlikely) but I made it following this blog's instructions: https://www.merelymothers.com/2013/09/01/diy-mobile/ - thanks in advance! ETA more details: I think it looks a little better over the crib but I'm wondering if mobiles are distracting when they should be resting/sleeping, and would be better used to look at when getting changed?

BabyFruit Ticker

Where to hang mobile? 85 votes

Above the crib
58% 50 votes
Above the changing table
36% 31 votes
SS
4% 4 votes

Re: Where to hang mobile?

• Options
    I love that mobile! I need to try that
  • Options
    Do we need a mobile? Apparently I'm an uninformed (is that a word?) Mom.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DBJackson25‌ Mobiles are neat and fun but unnecessary. It's just an extra thing that cam entertain infants while they're lying down. Ceiling fans work just as well, if not better.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @jennjilljoite‌ thank you! I was just thinking damn I thought I was done with everything I "needed". Maybe we will look into it later.
    Sorry @nhamic‌ I didn't mean to steal your post! It's a cute mobile though!
  • Options
    Oh a mobile is definitely not a need! I was feeling crafty and wanted to give it a go :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That's cute. I was looking on etsy (I'm not crafty) for something coral and aqua and saw some neat mobiles like that. One had butterflies. If not over the crib then I was thinking maybe in a corner hanging from ceiling. Guess I'm no help!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    I have a similar one with bird cut outs for Dd over her changing table :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! Way to be crafty and stuff. It's beautiful and I love it! Hang it wherever it looks better when hung for now. For a baby to notice it you'll have to hang it kinda low (a couple feet above where the baby will be.) Eventually, your LO will be mobile and will want to pull on it so you'll have to move it. You could hang it from the ceiling at that point and just use for decoration.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"