Has anyone tried Evening Primrose Oil? — The Bump
Trying to Get Pregnant

Has anyone tried Evening Primrose Oil?

Just wondering if anyone had tried Evening Primrose Oil? Do you take prenatal vitamins along with it?

Re: Has anyone tried Evening Primrose Oil?

• I am sure there are success stories out there and also a ton of people it has done more harm than good. One thing to ponder-if it was a miracle solution wouldn't every doctor tell you to take it and everyone would be KU. Just be careful, there is no science behind that product!
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
    [Deleted User]
  • My doc once recommended EPO for non-baby-making related things.  I would talk to your doctor before taking anything.  

ME: 33  H: 32
    TTC Since 6/2013   Early Loss: 9/2013   MFI Diagnosis: 12/2014
  • I'll admit that I tried it for two months in the WTO period (along with grapefruit juice and cough syrup) and it did nothing for me - good or bad.

I've read it can delay ovulation in some women. I've also read that it can take a few months to kick in but I decided to stop due to what PP's have said. Now I just take prenatal vitamins and use preseed when needed (along with charting of course).
    Sept 2015 January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance

Me: 29 - DH: 37
    BFP: 12/21/2014 - EDD: 09/01/2015

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'd talk to your doctor before adding anything like that. I've also heard that it can delay ovulation so it may do more harm than good for you.