May 2015 Moms

those w a stethoscope

Have you tried listening to see if you can hear your baby either moving around or kicking (if u cant already feel your baby) ?

FTM: I like to try and listen just to see what I can hear other than my bowels lol, and today I was hearing some thumping noise. I think it was the babies kicking or something so I couldn't help but laugh since I can't feel anything yet.
Anniversary
TTC starting 8/2014 :)
BFP 8/27/14  EDD 5/9/2015 9/25/2014 ITS TWINS!!! <3<3 
12/25/14 twin boys <3

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: those w a stethoscope

• @SunshyneShay‌ bahaha exactly I went back and forth wether to get a doppler and decided not to. I have a lot of apts between mfm and my ob which is more than the average low risk or singleton pregnancy I figured not needed. Plus w twins idk if itd be harder.
    Anniversary
    12/25/14 twin boys <3

BabyFetus Ticker

• My husband has one but we just use the Doppler. Every time I use the Doppler I hear swooshing and thumping sounds. My husband said it's prob just my bowels moving. Now I'm curious.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @blackpearl08 idk how often did u try? When I tried before I never heard a thing but. My girgling stomach sounds, then since I'm 17 weeks and may sooon start to feel flutters in the next few weeks (hopefully sooner) i.decided to listen again. But I def cant hear the heart :(

@Pintobean39 at first I was like hmmmm but I've never heard a thumping noise when listening to bowels so i was thinking its the baby kicking or something. Now you have me 2nd guessing hah im gonna ask my friend who's a PA if bowels can make the thumping sound. Its like the hitting a microphone sound.

@allybells let me know it works out
    Anniversary
    12/25/14 twin boys <3

BabyFetus Ticker

• @blackpearl08 see that's weird and I've heard that late its also hard to the hb w a doppler. I just tried again and I don't hear anything so im like maybe they are napping now bc im still hearing the other bowel sounds. I'm still waiting to hear what my friend says and will def keep ya Posted.
    Anniversary
    12/25/14 twin boys <3

BabyFetus Ticker

• MrsF0831 said:

@blackpearl08 idk how often did u try? When I tried before I never heard a thing but. My girgling stomach sounds, then since I'm 17 weeks and may sooon start to feel flutters in the next few weeks (hopefully sooner) i.decided to listen again. But I def cant hear the heart :(

@Pintobean39 at first I was like hmmmm but I've never heard a thumping noise when listening to bowels so i was thinking its the baby kicking or something. Now you have me 2nd guessing hah im gonna ask my friend who's a PA if bowels can make the thumping sound. Its like the hitting a microphone sound.

@allybells let me know it works out

Actually it was the swooshing that my husband says was the bowels and he's a MD. It was also just above the hb area so I'll give him credit that he's prob right. I didn't really ask him about the thumping but I just asked a friend that's a L&D nurse and she said the thumping is prob the baby moving in there.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • The swooshing sound is the placenta. It kind of pulsates too. The heart beat will sound like a humming bird almost. With DS I stated hearing him with the stethoscope around 18 weeks. I have tried with this one but have not heard him. I'm 15+3
  • @Pintobean39‌ when I was at my docs we heard the swooshing and the heart beat on the Doppler.. He told me the swooshing was the baby kicking! :)
  • I have a fetoscope from my m/w but it is still too early to hear on it unless it is one with an amplifier, but I'll be able to listen as baby gets bigger
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• MrsPDXMrsPDX member
    edited November 2014
    At my last appointment my midwife pointed out several thumps that were the baby's kicks. When I listen at home though I can't decipher anything but the heartbeat. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't have a Doppler at home, but I work at a hospital and I'm always tempted to take the portable dopplers for a spin! Lol
  • I tried one once and didn't hear anything. Then tried it on DH and heard PLENTY!

I pray often that our kids inherit my digestive health and not his
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I don't have a Doppler at home, but I work at a hospital and I'm always tempted to take the portable dopplers for a spin! Lol
    I would def sneak and use one if i could haaha. 
    Anniversary
    12/25/14 twin boys <3

BabyFetus Ticker

• When I read this I started to bawl my eyes out, when I was a student nurse I left my stethoscope in s room and a nurse took it. It was my word against hers, I loved that stethoscope and this post made me miss it.
    -----
    DS1:15 
    DS2: 8
    DS3: 2
    Due May 2015 with twin GIRLS!

• I have the Sonoline B. I like it, my only negative feedback is that the BPM is never right. I guess that is common with all home dopplers or common in earlier pregnancy, but its annoying. I did find the HB with it starting at 13 weeks, and now at 17 weeks find it in about 5 seconds. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a sonoline and could find the hb around 10 weeks. I'm know 18 weeks and feeling the kicks so I started listening with the stethescope yesterday. I can feel LO so I feel I can distinguish its movement from my gut noise. Haven't noticed HB with it yet. I don't trust the HRM on the Doppler either. Exciting times ladies!
  • I don't know why I haven't thought about doing this! Literally going to get my stethoscope right now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"