Trying to Get Pregnant

in limbo... when will I get some answers?!

Dh and I have been trying for 6 months now with no luck so far. I have pcos and am on metformin since April. As far as we know dh has no health issues. Last af started October 13th. I run about 35-40 days per cycle. So far there has been no clear sign of af. I have VERY sore breasts, heartburn all the time, the thought of eating certain foods makes my already queasy stomach do backflips, my husband has commented that I sleep a lot lately, and I have been more emotional about everything that when I saw The Fault In Our Stars. I have had extremely vivid dreams of getting a BFP, so vivid it feels like real life. My back and neck have been very achy and I feel like my hips are constantly hurting. Am I possibly pregnant? Is this all strange signs of af? Today is cd 47 with no clear sign of which way this boat is heading. Hopefully someone can clear the fog for me.

BFN on cd 35, 40, and 45. Cd 45 test was not FMU because first test that morning came out invalid.

Side note: at the beginning of this cycle, a girl I work with told me she had a dream I was pregnant and I have had 2 fortune cookies elude to "great honor bestowed upon me" and "hard work will pay off soon". Is this my crazy brain trying to make me think this is the cycle or does anyone believe this is a sign?

Re: in limbo... when will I get some answers?!

• The test is negative, which means you are not pregnant at this time, no matter how many dreams you or others have. I would suggest looking into FF and temping so you know when and if you O so you know when to expect your period or test. At this point, for this cycle, keep testing once a week until you hit CD 60 or get a BFP. If you get to CD 60, call your doc and see about getting a script to jump start your cycle.
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know symptom spotting is really hard not to do for a lot of people, but as PP have said, the only symptom that matters is a positive HPT. If this morning's was invalid, then test again tomorrow and then test once a week until you hit CD60, then call your doc.

My friend had a vivid dream two months ago that I was going to the doctor's office to pick up a cradle. Still not pregnant. I've had incredibly vivid BFP dreams, and I actually think they're pretty common (a lot of women on here have mentioned them). I also had a dream about a week ago that I would think I was pregnant and get my period on December 10th. Subconscious is a weird thing.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cateyes543cateyes543 member
    edited November 2014
    riderchik said:
    Maybe you want advice on what colour to paint the nursery? Cause you've already been offered very good advice a couple of times.

Jungle theme, duh! (Most sarcastic voice I can) ETA:she has not checked this thread since she posted
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know symptom spotting is really hard not to do for a lot of people, but as PP have said, the only symptom that matters is a positive HPT. If this morning's was invalid, then test again tomorrow and then test once a week until you hit CD60, then call your doc.

My friend had a vivid dream two months ago that I was going to the doctor's office to pick up a cradle. Still not pregnant. I've had incredibly vivid BFP dreams, and I actually think they're pretty common (a lot of women on here have mentioned them). I also had a dream about a week ago that I would think I was pregnant and get my period on December 10th. Subconscious is a weird thing.

Agree with this and all the other advice from PPs. I've also had quite vivid dreams about being pregnant that didn't mean anything other than our subconscious confirming our hopes.
    Me: 33
    Him: 35
    Together since 2005, Married: 10/8/11
    TTC #1:  August 2014

• Hey op, i just had a dream that I got a bfp but it was ectopic and I was cramping badly. I woke up to a stabbing pain in my abdomen. Think I could be pregnant?
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

CP- 12/27/14 confirmed 12/29/14
    Benched until further notice

• I got an empty fortune cookie, which from what I've been told is unheard of. Could this mean something??????
  • If only dreaming you were pregnant and fortune cookies made you actually pregnant! I've had so many dreams in the last 11 months about being pregnant and what our child would look like. Sadly has not happened for me yet. 

I agree with PP's test again in a week and when you get to CD60 with no positive and no AF head to the doctor. 
  • Tests lie. Definitely trust the fortune cookies, OP.
    TTC #1 since 8/2013
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/2014
    Hysteroscopy, D&C 11/17/14
  • Bwahahaha! You can't be serious with this shit. I've seen some fierce symptom spotting on this board but this is priceless!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• The Fault in Our Stars is a really effing sad movie so I'm not convinced that crying during it is an indication of pregnancy. If it were then DH would be totes KTFU.

Hahaha, same here. My DH NEVER cries, but I caught him quite a few times wiping his eyes during the movie. I didn't bring tissues to the theater, so I had snot and tears wiped up and down both of my arms. It was awful.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Oh honey, you are not in limbo.
    Agreed.  It is an insult to those of us who have actually been in limbo.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I once had a dream that a white horse turned into a baby. This was before I was TTC. Good thing too. Otherwise I might have bought a horse.
    bought a horse or had a horse?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"