June 2015 Moms
Options

Calling my doctor too much?

thursdaychickthursdaychick member
edited November 2014 in June 2015 Moms
I am a worrier, and after two losses I always want to make sure everything is alright. I call my doctor office once every week or two. I figure it could  be a lot worst. Last week I called about rashes that I been having. Today I called about the fact that my gold ring is making my finger black. I read that if gold turns your finger black it could mean iron deficiency. Then I read about iron deficiency in pregnancy- and it causes lack of blood flow which the baby needs. So it made me nervous. Am I bad for calling about stuff like this?

Re: Calling my doctor too much?

• Options
    CateOfChicagoCateOfChicago member
    edited November 2014
    I don't think so. Call as much as you need too. I'm a worrier as well. I call the ped too much for dd1. Oh well. I had horrible rashes in my 7th month. Ob sent me to a dermatologist. He had me cut out all fragrances (switched to all free laundry detergent, dove sensitive body wash, and no more perfume, dryer sheets, etc). I took lots of oatmeal baths and used aveeno exzema lotion. He prescribed fort zone and steroid cream. I tried to use it as little as possible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    Yeah , most questions could be held off till you monthly visit. Like the iron thing.. They can't fix that overnight anyway. Just eat healthy iron rich foods till your visit. But if you are so nervous that you are having a panic attack.... Call. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boss' sister is an OB and she told me that they hate when patients call constantly about little things. She told me to limit the calls to once between each visit unless there's a serious problem. She suggested keeping a list of random things you think of for 2 weeks after the visit, then calling and asking them all. Then keep another list till your next appt and so on. However, if you've been with your OB for a while through losses, I'd expect her to be a little more understanding about frequent calls.
  • Options
    Hi @ThursdayChick, firstly sorry about your losses. 

I'm from F15 but couldn't find anything similar on that board!
    I'm a FTM as well and probably have undiagnosed anxiety...because i've been really anxious the whole pregnancy...
    I called my OBs pager service last night because i had a UTI and was worried it would hurt the baby. I looked online and read that it could cause really bad problems.  It was only 9pm but he was asleep. 
    Anyway he was really good about it and told me to come in the next day (today) and provide a urine sample and he told me that unless it was a kidney infection it would not hurt the baby. It probably stopped me from having an anxiety attack, but I AM REALLY EMBARRASSED that I paged him about a UTI. In hindsight, I should have just waited!  

Anyway I thought this would make you feel better! I think asking a few questions here and there is no where near as bad as paging him for a UTI...

Anyway best wishes for you and the LO !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"