September 2014 Moms

Period resuming after exclusively breastpumping for two months

edited November 2014 in September 2014 Moms
hi everyone I just had a baby boy born in September two months early.While he was in the nicu I pumped breastmilk for him and continued to do when he got home so that was two months of pumping before switching over to formula. My question is how long does it take for your cycle to return I'm 35 never had irregular periods etc before conceiving my son after going through fertility treatments is sort of anxious as to when it will return due to wanting to start ttc a sibling next year at some point due to my age and fertility problems.The ob said 6 months it should return. Just wondering if anyone on here who wanted a sibling got checked out before that 6 month mark if it hadn't returned ?

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Period resuming after exclusively breastpumping for two months

• Congrats on your baby boy. I'm surprised your OB said 6 months. Really, there is no telling when your period will come back, it's different for each woman. I EBF and unfortunately got mine about 2 months PP and have had it all month long (since I got the Mirena IUD implanted). Then again, I'm not in a rush to TTC for a second for awhile longer. 

• edited November 2014
    He said it should be back by 6 months no way of telling though I just was trying to see how long going without could indicate a problem and would need medication to jump start it?

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
    March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • edited November 2014
    Mine returned 3 weeks ago two days before I started an oral BC pill... I'm still on it @pshaortao are you saying you've had your period for almost an entire month... If so this makes me feel a little better I've been on mine for three weeks and despite talking to my OB still have been a little worried

@iloveflipflops‌ I exclusively pumped for a month and resumed my period about a week after I stopped
  • @herecomesthesun086‌ Yup, light enough to use a pantiliner daily. I had a follow up appointment with my OB earlier this week and she said it was normal. How annoying!

• Congratulations on your DS!

Your cycle is going to be out of whack for awhile because of all the hormones involved with having your LO and pumping. Some women start ovulating again right away and some go months after they stop BFing before they begin to ovulate again. You being regular before conceiving your son has no bearing on what will happen going forward. Periods change all the time for no reason at all, let alone after having a baby. If your doc gave you the 6 month mark to check things out and you're unhappy with that ask him/her why you're being asked to wait that long.

My anecdotes...
    I went on the full pill 6 weeks PP after my son so don't know when my cycle returned because my monthly period was withdrawal bleeding from the pill. I stopped taking the pill when I started losing my milk supply at 8 months, stopped BFing completely by 10 months, and conceived DD at 11 months. I'm 12 weeks PP with DD now, EBFing, no birth control yet, and no period yet. Planning on starting the mini pill tomorrow actually.
  • @pshaortao‌ the bleeding is like birth control in itself and VERY annoying
  • @herecomesthesun086 annoying is right but it's not stopping us! ;)

• I exclusively pumped for 3 months for my twins who were 5.5 weeks premature before ebf. I had them 30 sept and got my first period in January I think. I had terrible pp bleeding that could have ran into a first period and I didn't know. This time I'm 10.5 weeks pp, ebfing and no af yet. I'm getting the mirena soon though.

There's no way of telling. My friend pumped 3 or 4 months and then staying nursing and she still doesn't have hers yet and she's almost 8 months pp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"