March 2014 Moms

Lo wakes up every night at 3! Help!

lo wakes up at 3 every night crying and wants up to hold her back to sleep but if we try to put her back in her crib. She freaks out and starts crying. I've been sleep training her so she'll learn to fall asleep and we try to let her learn to fall asleep on her own but it's hard to when she screams so loud you can hear it through the house. We have 4 people including me sleeping. Why is she doing this?

Re: Lo wakes up every night at 3! Help!

• I wish my LO only woke up at 3. Maybe she is teething and needs some extra comfort. Waking one time a night is not that bad. I woul just snuggle her back to sleep.

Yes to all of this.
  • fish8412 said:

I wish my LO only woke up at 3. Maybe she is teething and needs some extra comfort. Waking one time a night is not that bad. I woul just snuggle her back to sleep.

Yes to all of this.
    Agree.
    Mine is frequently up 2-3 times.
    I love the nights he only gets up once (at 4am usually).
    I nurse to sleep, so that's what I do when he wakes up. I nurse him.
    Some nights he's fussy - usually has a big poop in the morning.
    Some nights he passes out quickly again.
    He's a baby. I just keep him happy. We have 4-5 people in the house too.
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my girls is doing this too! I don't know what to do with her as soon as I pick her up she is fine and wants to play with me but I'm just so tired I give in and give her a bottle and she goes back to sleep. I know others have it worse but this is driving me nuts! I don't want to get her use to having a bottle at that time but don't know what else to do!
  • I wish my LO only woke up at 3. Maybe she is teething and needs some extra comfort. Waking one time a night is not that bad. I woul just snuggle her back to sleep.
    Yes to all of this.
    Agree. Mine is frequently up 2-3 times. I love the nights he only gets up once (at 4am usually). I nurse to sleep, so that's what I do when he wakes up. I nurse him. Some nights he's fussy - usually has a big poop in the morning. Some nights he passes out quickly again. He's a baby. I just keep him happy. We have 4-5 people in the house too.
    Yeah, I also nurse LO to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night (once or twice a night).  I have tried rocking her without nursing, but she cries, so I don't even try that any more.  Do what makes your baby happy.
  • She'll go back to sleep with us but I just don't want her getting use to it all the time. I do think she might be teething but idk. I don't give her a bottle of anything, she just will fall back to sleep and Idk what to do. Cause when I did let her sleep with us she would sit on me, cry, pull my hair, slap me, scratch my face and so it's hard to sleep with her. She will fall asleep on her own but wakes up at 3. If we hold her she's fine.
  • See I'll tell her no as firm as I can but she just laughs and smiles like I'm playing and I'm like no I'm not playing.
  • I'm gonna keep trying. I'm just getting to the point of just putting her in bed with me. But I sleep better with her in her crib. I sleep very light if she sleeps with me and so if she makes a noise or moves I'll wake up, so if she does sleep with me I barely sleep. I just don't understand why she wakes up at 3 every night. I mean I know it could be teething or just wanting to cuddle but at 3 am? Lol
  • It's a habit. It you do a little research, there's lot of sources out there that tell you why babies sometimes wake up at the same time each night and what you can do to fix it.
  • My little wakes up every night in the 12 o'clock hour and the 3 o'clock hour. Every.single.night. I have yet to find a solution other than just go in and nurse. I'm exhausted, but I figure it can't last forever. I've been doing it 8 months, what's a few more?
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• I've looked, I can't find anything but to let her cry it out and that's hard to do when she screams bloody murder and I'm exhausted. It just sucks when I have to wake up at 6 to get ready for work.. :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"