February 2015 Moms

Black Friday Spam

Let's hear it!
PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

Re: Black Friday Spam

• Loading the player...
  • Morning ladies. I just got in to work- I forgot the trains aren't running today so I drove in. Which I guess is good, since I"m still nervous about doing too much and this way I can leave whenever I want. I haven't seen anyone else yet in the office, but it's still early- I don't think many people will be here today.

My parents told me this morning they were going to head back to WI today. They had a wretched drive out here in the Noreaster and were only here for about 2 days and now are heading back. It's 15 hours in good weather. I asked them why they were leaving, and apparently my little brother decided to start a new job on Monday and since he has my parents' dog, they feel compelled to get home to get the dog so my brother isn't "inconvenienced". My brothers are babies. Babies. At 25 and 34 they both still can't function like grown ups. They need to get married so someone else can take care of them.

On the one hand, it'll be nice to be able to fully relax this weekend without guests. On the other hand, it's a whole lot of driving for a two day visit.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh! I was so irritated with little brother I forgot to put my other spam up. Some of my test results are back- the dip sticks from my routine appointment on Monday and the special exam on Tuesday are in. Both showed blood in my urine (a little on Mon, a 'moderate' amount on Tues). Tuesday also had "large" leukocyte counts. I'm going to call the doctor when they open in a bit and see if they can learn anything from this about the spotting.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Morning ladies. It's. 6 here and I have been up for awhile-- can't sleep. Stressed about work and my growth scan today.
    We will go shopping after work today but Black Friday doesn't mean the same thing here haha
    Hope everyone ate too much food and had a turkey coma last night!
  • Morning all! I am going dress shopping with my indecisive friend today and then to Costco. That's all the Black Friday shopping I'm doing out and about. Otherwise this cold is kicking my butt and I hope I can get some real sleep soon.
  • Morning, ladies. It was an earlier one than I'd prefer here in the CatLady house. FIL turned on the lights that shine directly into my bedroom, then the news, then banged around the kitchen making three (!!!) cups of coffee (k-cups don't grow on trees, dude) and cereal. That woke up DS, who sleeps right above the kitchen. He normally chills in his crib and falls back to sleep if he sees that it is dark out. Today he called and called for me. I'm tired, sore, and cranky. 
    On the plus side, I'm shopping online today. I'm trying to decide between the PBK anywhere chair and the bean bag for DS. DH is completely useless in this decision, so now I'm polling my friends. Do any of our STMs have an opinion on either?
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Maple403‌ I sure hope it's NBD, but I would be super anxious. Keep us posted!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @CatLadyTX‌ DD loves her anywhere chair. We got it for her first birthday and she has gotten a ton of use out of it! I like that it looks cute when its left in my living room :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• @alygohome -- FX for your growth scan today

I haven't been sleeping the best lately, to say the least. I'm letting hubby sleep in. I just ate half a can of cranberry sauce and a cookie. I have a bunch of work to do today...so no shopping for me either!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Field trip today. Wish me luck! 26 grade 2s at a children's museum.

• So I have been feeling dizzy today.. I hope it's just a normal pregnancy symptom and nothing to be worried about. :(
  • @selly08 - Have something salty and something sweet. If you are having low blood pressure (which makes me dizzy and faint - happened in 2nd tri a couple times) the salt will help bring your blood pressure up a bit. If you are having low sugar levels, the sweet will help that. If you continue to feel sick, call your doctor.

@alygohome Keep us posted on the growth scan! My friend found out at 36 wks that her baby was in the 6th percentile of growth. Her OBs induce labor if the baby hits the 5th percentile, but so far the baby has been doing very well- no signs of distress or problems getting nutrients. She's at 39 weeks today hoping to make it to 40.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Morning ladies. Up early this morning cause the in laws house was SO HOT. Going to brunch soon with one of dh ' s childhood friends and his wife. She is preggers too, I think about 2 months behind me. Then back home to put coat of paint 1 on baby's room and bathroom. DH wants to stop at home depot to get better rollers but im scared! I might hide in the car. No black Friday shopping for me although we did order a fridge earlier this week online on an early back Friday sale. Interested to see if we would have saved more by waiting for today.
  • I am fighting the battle of food vs warm bed. It's just cold enough in my house that my warm bed isn't allowing me to leave. Maybe DH will let me ring the bell he got me for situations like this.. :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Going to get our tree today, in the pretty snow! GL for the ladies with doc spots, and FX for those that need the extra luck today.

BabyFruit Ticker

• DH us taking me to Sprinkles cupcakes today in the ATL! Delicious! Then might go to the super fancy mall in Atlanta. Then just waiting for all the football games tomorrow!
    Baby Nolan  is on his way! EDD 2/22/15 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We've got plumbers in.  Yay!  They won't be done in time for me to get to the clinic this week for my Tdap and I can only do it on Fridays.  Boo!

DH is marginally on my shitlist right now because I can't leave the house and go into town, so I can't get any of the shopping done either.  
    Feb. 2015: Holiday Decoration Fails
  • @Maple403‌ thanks! I did try it. I feel better after having it. But, I am gonna go off to the doc to get my BP checked. FX it's okay!
  • @selly08 - Good plan- let us know how your appointment goes. Hopefully everything is fine!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Morning everyone!

Canadian here so we don't have our Thanksgiving this weekend, just so much snow... Not quite the same. Jealous and hungry from hearing of all your delicious meals! Spent an hour shovelling last night with my husband, and finally our neighbour took pity and helped with his snowblower. I think it's only because he knows I'm pregnant but still so nice of him.

Hope you all have a great day! Stay warm, esp all of you who are currently experiencing a snowfall warning like I am!
  • Good morning. I am with the ILs headed to Thanksgiving part 2. No shopping for us and I am entirely OK with that. I am almost done with my shopping anyway.

H's parents over exuberance for their first grandchild is going to stress me out. We will be making an official plan this week and setting some boundaries for sure. They have already looked into purchasing plane tickets to visit 4 times within the first 2 months.

It will be just fine but H and I need a plan and H will have to step out of his usual non confrontational self and discuss this with his parents. Ahh the joys of kids and grandparents :) food thing I at least like my ILs
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • @aggiebug - Good luck with setting boundaries. We have a lot of challenges setting boundaries with my parents (really just my mom). H's parents are (so far) role-models for respecting our wishes. When we discuss visits for the baby or birth with my parents we try to stick to the same message and not deviate (each family gets 1 week after the birth. When that week occurs is up to them, but must occur AFTER the birth - no lurkers are allowed at our house while I'm super pregnant).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Good morning! I've spent it reading and lounging in bed. I refuse to get up even though I know I should. Maybe if I can persuade the husband to get me a cheese Danish from the deli, that'll be sufficient motivation to get me to move …

We're going to be waiting on Buy Buy Baby today. They're delivering our correct glider, they say, though I had to call and remind them to give me a delivery window. As long as my glider gets here, I'm fine, but if it's delayed, I want money back for my trouble. This is why you're supposed to have quality control checks in place, people.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Trying to save $$$ around here so I made breakfast today. First breakfast in our new place. What happens?? DH & DD both say eww and DH takes her to get breakfast. At least DS ate the French toast. Microwave went out last night and I think the starter in DH's truck this morning. We had science fair projects to finish up this week that are due on Dec 9th an ARD for DS on the 3rd & DH wonders why I'm stressed?? Oh and he's wanting to go work on racecars all day today and leave me with the science projects. Not in a great mood today already.
  • @Maple403‌ good luck with boundaries too. His parents have been pretty reasonable when we have said stuff before but adding a grandchild can make a huge difference.
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • @aggiebug and @maple403 We are working on setting boundaries with my ILs too. Earlier this week MIL told me she was hoping to fly out early so she could be there for the birth.... um, no. First thing I did was pull DH aside and tell him it was time to have a talk with his parents. He is on the non-confrontational side too but he needs to be firm with them.

It's a little tricky because my mom lives in our town so she will be there for the birth, so it's not like we can say it's equal for both sides. But on the other hand, it's my mom's first grandchild and MIL already has three grandkids. Plus it's MY mom, and I feel like it's within my right to give her a little special treatment.
  • Good morning ladies!

The only black friday shopping I'll be doing today is online. DH bought himself to video on steam that are on sale for $6. Originally they're $60 a piece so I told him buy them now while we can still afford to.

So yesterday went well. The food at my dads wasn't good. We stopped at DH's grandma's house thinking no one would still be there that late. Everyone was still there and like I predicted no one spoke to me the whole time his brother and his baby mama where there and they wouldn't let the twins come near me.

Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @lizzybean‌ Now those are some role model in-laws you have. If only I could trust mine to be helpful.
  • lizzybean said:
    Oooooh lordy @freegiraffe. That is a nightmare.
    My ILs have decided they will be flying in on Feb 11, so if LO waits until her due date, they will be here for the birth. She told me last night via email "so we will be able to stay with Ella for you guys" and I let out a big sigh of relief. No expectations, just help.

I hope DH steps up and sets some ground rules. Honestly, you do not want a shit ton of people in the delivery room anyways!
    Imagine how I feel my inlaws live like 4 blocks away from me. They plan on staying at the hospital the entire time I'm in labor. I've already told DH I don't want visitors as soon as I've given birth what kind of person wants a bunch of people in their room after being in labor for god knows how many hours.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• I didn't shop this year but I plan on doing lots later today when it's calmed down. Might even swing a lunch date with the hubs since he only works a half day today ;;)

It's last minute prep day for the wedding tomorrow! Cutting and coloring mums hair today, cutting dad and DS' and SIL asked me this morning if I could do hers and a bridesmaids hair tomorrow. Super last minute to be asking for someone to do your hair for your wedding but I'm getting paid so I don't really mind haha

Asking for some luck wished my way today! Please and thanks in advance :D
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"