March 2014 Moms
Options

Help! LO won't sleep!

O.M.G. He won't sleep. He woke up at 1:20 crying. I nursed him on one side for comfort, and he wailed when I put him down. Latched him on the other side, and then he cried when I put him down. So after 2 hours, I changed him, gave him gas drops, a little Orajel naturals, nursed him, and he cried when I put him down. So then I gave him Motrin and nursed him to sleep. That seemed to work and he fell asleep from 3:30 to 5:20. Now he's up at 5:20 crying. Clearly the Motrin is still in his system so I assume this can't just be teeth. What do I do to get him to sleep? Any other reason be might be struggling? I'm so exhausted. I can't keep my eyes open as I type this. And we have a toddler in the room next to him that can hear his crying so I can't just let him keep crying. Help!

Re: Help! LO won't sleep!

• Options
    Sounds like separation anxiety and this is what LO is going through right now. We co sleep if she keeps waking up in her crib. Less crying and more sleeping. I was worried it would become a habit but it only happens once or twice a week. We don't do CIO either.
  • Options
    LO has nights like that here too.
    I will eventually take him to the basement if he doesn't sleep in his crib. At least there I have a reclining sofa that is very comfortable. And if he is in the mood to play (like he was at 4am a couple days ago) then he can play and not bother DS1 or DH while I relax. After getting it (and maybe a poo) out of his system, he usually nurses back to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD was not sleeping for like 3 weeks so I altered her nap schedule to make the last nap about an hour or two earlier and she's been doing much better! We do co-sleep so I nurse her back to sleep if she does wake up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"