December 2014 Moms

really bad itching

This probably isn't the place to go, but I've Googled and asked my doctor and I can't find anything. I've had really bad vaginal itching for almost 2 weeks now. I just recently got over a UTI and I'm not sure if that's part if it. But, a lot I find on Google seems to have only the itching, swelling, and dryness as symptoms. My doctor didn't say anything when I brought it up she said my urine looked fine. But, she also said there's blood in my urine and I don't have another appointment until the second. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this and if so, what was the cause? I've been trying to use vagisil but it's not doing anything to help.

Re: really bad itching

• I'm gonna try and call tomorrow and see if I can do anything before my appointment or if I can get in sooner. I've become kind of restless and it's really bugging me. This was my first ever UTI and if I hadn't had my weekly appointment it wouldn't have been caught because I didn't have any symptoms, but then after I started the medication I started getting the itching.
  • I just looked it up and a less serious side effect of amoxicillin is vaginal itching, but I kind of feel like it should have gone away by now. So, I'll bring that up when I call tomorrow
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an appointment yesterday though and she said everything was fine. But, I'm definitely calling tomorrow and explaining everything to see if they'd know. I don't have any abnormal discharge from what I've been having and there isn't any odor. I'm just getting really restless now lol
  • Honestly sounds more like a yeast infection than a UTI. Some antibiotics will get rid of the good bacteria and allow those to happen. Be careful with vagisil and make sure it is approved before using it.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• I agree with PP's - this is from the antibiotics. I had a cold (took antibiotics) then that caused a yeast infection and the itching. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask about it though.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• I really hope they can maybe just give me something for the itching. It's unbearable at this point. Thank you all, really :)
  • Buy monistat 7.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • This probably isn't the place to go, but I've Googled and asked my doctor and I can't find anything. I've had really bad vaginal itching for almost 2 weeks now. I just recently got over a UTI and I'm not sure if that's part if it. But, a lot I find on Google seems to have only the itching, swelling, and dryness as symptoms. My doctor didn't say anything when I brought it up she said my urine looked fine. But, she also said there's blood in my urine and I don't have another appointment until the second. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this and if so, what was the cause? I've been trying to use vagisil but it's not doing anything to help.

I'm gonna try and call tomorrow and see if I can do anything before my appointment or if I can get in sooner. I've become kind of restless and it's really bugging me. This was my first ever UTI and if I hadn't had my weekly appointment it wouldn't have been caught because I didn't have any symptoms, but then after I started the medication I started getting the itching.

I just looked it up and a less serious side effect of amoxicillin is vaginal itching, but I kind of feel like it should have gone away by now. So, I'll bring that up when I call tomorrow

I had an appointment yesterday though and she said everything was fine. But, I'm definitely calling tomorrow and explaining everything to see if they'd know. I don't have any abnormal discharge from what I've been having and there isn't any odor. I'm just getting really restless now lol

I really hope they can maybe just give me something for the itching. It's unbearable at this point. Thank you all, really :)

Putting these together for ease of reading.

Test
  • Call your doctor and tell them you are still concerned. Have you tried benedryl to help with the itching?

Test
  • Had the same thing and found out it was a yeast infection
  • Definitely sounds like a yeast infection. The dr can give you a prescription, and you can at least get some type of anti-itch cream from the store to soothe the itch until then. Antibiotics always give me a freaking yeast infection when I'm pregnant. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds like yeast to me. I always have to eat tons of yogurt when I take antibiotics or the same thing happens to me. :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • It's clearing up :) I called and they said it could be a yeast infection, but to first try an ice pack to bring down the swelling and cream to ease the itching. But, she said it could also be just normal pregnancy stuff and I actually started to spot today. Thank you guys, though!
  • You can also try a topical cream if the ice pack doesn't work. I know it sounds weird, but try some diaper cream if you have any laying around. I had horrible itching with DS and that worked! Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's clearing up :) I called and they said it could be a yeast infection, but to first try an ice pack to bring down the swelling and cream to ease the itching. But, she said it could also be just normal pregnancy stuff and I actually started to spot today. Thank you guys, though!

You know inducing labor early will make you forget about the swelling and itching. ;)

Test
  • Everyone is lying to you - you have crabs.  
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"